Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain is currently recruiting an experienced Category Manager to work for a successful international retailer engaged in the manufacture, distribution and sale of household products. This is an exciting opportunity to work for rapidly growing organisation, with an expanding portfolio offering innovative solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for a team of four Buyers, offering support and guidance to ensure key targets and objectives are met. Overseeing category performance through merchandising, product sourcing strategies, pricing models, trend analysis and supplier relationships. Managing a spend of c£100m with an international supplier portfolio.
We are looking for a professional who can drive commercial activity to reduce cost, minimise risk and increase performance levels in line with business growth. Applicants must be able to demonstrate strong analytical skills, excellent commercial awareness, ability to drive change and have experience in Category development and brand experience.
The incumbent will be expected to work cross-functionally and engage with stakeholders, therefore, excellent communication skills and ability to influence others will be key.
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain would be keen to speak with candidates with the following skills and experiences:
- Ideally, CIPS qualified / Degree educated
- Significant within a senior Buying role, ideally within the retail sector
- Category development experience
- Previously managed teams and delivering change
- Excellent supplier and stakeholder management skills
- Ability to identify cost down opportunities and produce strategic plans to support a growing supply chain
- Comfortable working within a demanding and target driven environment
Elevation Procurement & Supply Chain is a specialist division of Elevation Recruitment focusing on purchasing, sourcing, and full supply chain control and management positions in Yorkshire and surrounding regions. If you match the specified criteria and are interested in discussing the position in more detail, we would like to hear from you.