Group Finance Controller
Softbox Systems Ltd
Group Finance Controller
Salary circa £90,000
Softbox Systems Limited is a private equity backed business founded in 1993, specialising in Temperature Controlled Packaging, supplying niche markets in the Pharmaceuticals and eCommerce industries. Its customer include some of the world’s leading Pharmaceutical companies including Pfizer, Merck and GSK; the leading Clinical trials companies like ThermoFisher and 3PLs (third party logistics companies) like DHL and Kuehne and Nagel.
Softbox is the winner of 2 Queen’s Awards for export. It is a global company with subsidiaries located in UK, Europe (France, Ireland, Spain and The Netherlands), USA, Latin America (Argentina, Columbia, Mexico, Panama), India, Singapore and China.
Headquartered in Thame, near Oxford, the business has experienced rapid growth both organically and through acquisition, with global revenue growing from a little below £20m in 2014 to nearly £60m in 2018.
As the company continues on its growth trajectory a new role is being created through the recruitment of a Group Finance Controller, to work closely with the CFO. There is a great need to integrate reporting systems and improve the quality and timeliness of accounting information. In 2019 there will be major projects to integrate the UK, India and LATAM sites and businesses.
The business has historically been very entrepreneurial and part of this role involves developing a new culture in the business which is more process driven and accountable in order to put in place the building blocks for sustainable growth.
The Group Finance Controller will hold significant responsibility. As the ‘number 2’ in the Finance function, the post holder will be responsible for leading a small group team and managing a Global Financial Reporting function.
The Group Finance Controller will be an entrepreneurial, ambitious individual. They will welcome the opportunity to work closely with the CFO; will have strong attention to detail and commercial acumen.
The Group Finance Controller will be responsible for:
- Holding sites to account for timely and accurate submissions, whilst supporting and coaching them as required
- Financial Accounting and Financial Management; the Preparation of the Group financial and statutory accounts, including the Monthly Information Pack
- Overseeing the Group Management Accounting Activity
- Business Partnering to the CFO; providing clear financial summaries and analysis to summarise monthly and YTD performance vs budget
- Prepare/draft Board Slides or Presentations to Banks that are high quality presentation ready.
- Driving ERP system projects and efficiencies for continuous improvement.
The appointed candidate:
- A graduate with a Professional Accountancy Qualification.
- Strong post qualification experience in a manufacturing or supply chain environment
- Multi-site and international experience driver of change
- Team player and collaborator who will inspire and motivate teams
- An effective communicator, with high degree of comfort speaking with Senior Management
- Fluency in English both in written and verbal communication
The role is based in Thame, Oxfordshire, with an attractive base salary and excellent benefits package.
For further information and details on how to apply, please click "Apply".
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Tahira Raja on 0207 529 1036 or Lucy Ramsbottom on 0161 498 3418.
Closing date for applications: Friday 9th November 2018