SAP Project Manager - SAP on AWS projects - Remote 50%/Melbourne 50%
SAP Project Manager with technical SAP project experience (upgrades/migrations) is required by our client, a market leading "SAP on the AWS Cloud" frontrunner
Based working from a home office, The SAP Project Manager will take overall responsibility for the successful delivery of SAP on AWS Cloud migrations and implementations to the highest standards, of a project or portfolio of projects. He/she will be expected to co-ordinate and manage client teams to successfully deliver projects ensuring that agreed tools, methodologies and automation tools are utilised effectively
The Project Manager will be able to operate independently calling on support when required, and ensuring that risks and issues and identified and mitigated or escalated as appropriate; and opportunities are identified and pursued
- Take full responsibility for the leadership and management of all SAP functional and technical work streams ensuring that all personnel understand their roles and requirements to ensure successful programme roll out.
- Responsible for all project planning and control as well as progress reporting to stakeholders.
- Risk and issue management as well as effective budget management.
- Oversee and drive change management and be a custodian of continuous improvement regarding programme and project delivery.
- To identify and have a good working relationship with all stakeholders and business users involved within the various projects.
- To support and coach team members through the programme and project processes.
- Line management responsibilities for the SAP project resource team.
- Overseeing and supporting the wider Project Managers, with quality gate processes to ensure that deliverables and the projects stay on track and to budget ensuring business goals are met.
Required Attributes (Essential)
- Previous proven SAP Project delivery experience gained working for a consulting organisation
- Able to work from home at least 50% of the time with some travel
- Understands when and how to escalate and mitigate
- Self motivator and self starter
- Inquisitive, wanting to learn
- Attention to detail, completer-finisher
- Keeps composure under pressure
- Ability to take helicopter view
- Takes ownership, passionate
- Good understanding agile delivery in general, Scrum in particular
- Good understanding waterfall delivery in general
- Good understanding of the end-to-end project life cycle: from pre-sales to end of stabilisation and transition into BaU
- Able to work at all levels of delivery assignment: working with individual end user to farming the account through executive relationships
- Ability to understand and manage budgets to revenue, cost and margin
- Understands and applies project tools: plans, RAID Logs, Change Request Logs etc..
- Ability to keep teams focused on the direct tasks and deliverables at hand
- Establish & Manager Relationships with business managers and end users
- Ability to work across a multiple delivery engagements
- Grown up from hands on technical SAP delivery
- Ability to be responsible for a portfolio of projects
- Able to help shape and input into our delivery approach, ensuring we learn from each project, harvest artefacts and knowledge
- Proven ability to run technical SAP centric projects
- Does not need to be everybody's friend, but gets one with everybody from a delivery perspective: adaptable
- Ability to estimate new pieces of work, applying estimation rules of thumb
- Ability to create a project plan to deliver to scope, timelines and budget
- Will have worked previously as a SAP Basis Consultant or SAP Technical Architect
- Ability to identify and develop opportunities into new work
- Establish & Manage Relations with Senior Stakeholders
- Ability to engaging with customers on leading large programmes of work
- Entrepreneur, shaper of engagements: able to listen, think and shape
- Understands impact of SAP on IT, Business (aware of change requirements)
- Wide understanding of SAP: Business, Functional, Technical
- Has worked for large as well as small consulting organisations