Head of Governance - Dynamics AX
A leading Fortune 500 is currently looking to recruit a Head of Governance - Dynamics AX for their HQ in London. The role will be responsible for ensuring that the EMEA ERP system (Microsoft Dynamics AX), its connected systems and surrounding controls environment are SOX compliant. The role will drive an effective and efficient internal controls environment across the EMEA region and be an advocate for change and process improvement.
- Ensure the internal controls framework (including IT General Controls, IT Application Controls and Segregation of Duty Controls) is fully documented, regularly tested and SOX compliant
- Ensure business process documents are maintained and accurately reflect the controls framework; update for changes in the organisation
- Act as primary interface between the business and Internal Audit, external advisors and external auditors in all matters relating to internal control and SOX compliance
- Enhance and leverage internal/external partnerships to execute the annual audit/testing programme and related process improvement initiatives as smoothly as possible
- Work with a range of internal stakeholders to identify any potential control deficiencies or areas of control weakness; assist in designing actionable and realistic remediation plans
- Support the resolution of complex business risk issues; serve as escalation point for SOX issues or roadblocks; shepherd issues through to resolution
- Work across regional groups to communicate SOX matters effectively to senior business management
- Support the implementation of regional policies; act as SOX SME and ensure business units understand requirements of policy change and are compliant with policy changes
- ACA (or equivalent) with significant PQE
- Big 4 accounting and internal controls experience
- Experience of deploying or managing a SOX-compliant internal control framework in and around a major ERP platform; have experience of maintaining an IT governance regime
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX an advantage but not pre-requisite
- Strong knowledge of SOX requirements and ability to assist with documentation of ITGC, ITAC and financial process controls to support operational as well as SOX compliance audits, including performing walkthroughs and developing process flow charts
- Demonstrated ability to design and monitor an effective global risk-based internal control environment
- Strong risk management experience
- Experience of working in a fast paced, high growth environment
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex challenges.
- Demonstrable ability to build strong working relationships with key business partners
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Solid organisational skills along with an aptitude for information technology
- Excellent analytical skills
If interested in this role, please contact Andy Young on 02038622741.