Our client is a truly international company and a market leader in its field. Having grown from a domestic service our client is now a globally recognised Blue Chip brand. Covering a range of sectors from consumer to automotive, our client focuses on delivering the highest quality services to its customers.
The purpose of the role is to manage the running of a controlled and efficient finance function, working within the company’s guidelines to deliver accurate financial results in a strong control-focused environment; to manage financial / commercial risk and opportunities for margin improvement. The role will act as a trusted Finance Business Partner to support and advise operational, commercial and other finance teams as well as the customer and playing an active part in delivering the UK&I finance strategy.
The role will cover:
- Provide financial governance and support as a finance business partner
- Deliver solutions to minimise financial and commercial risk on existing contracts and improve efficiency, profitability and cash flow. Provide appropriate analysis and recommendations to influence decision making process
- Ensure that changes in commercial and financial requirements are communicated and implemented promptly
- Build solid relationships with both external and internal customers to foster collaboration, networking & best practice
- Support the operations team with start-ups, projects and strategic opportunities ensuring commercial propositions are developed and implemented
- Manage multiple stakeholders – Internally and Externally
- Support commercial issues and discussions with the Customer around contract, once operational, including rate reviews, KPI and gain share performance, or changes in contract
- Ensure financial and customer reporting & forecasting aids decision making and monitors progress
- The role will deliver and adopt the UK strategy to the business unit and finance teams
- Align the strategic direction of the business and the associated initiatives
- Ensure financial controls are highly effective and compliant with group policies and are maintained and communicated
- To create and maintain first class financial reporting in adherence to company policies
- Identify and manage financial and commercial risk through a thorough understanding of commercial terms, on-going performance, and other influencing factors
- Understand and manage sources of profit delivery including flex budgets, gain share, KPIs, pricing mechanisms etc.
- Manage and monitor the ongoing and future financial performance of the business to ensure management can optimise decision making
- Create, drive & manage improvement programmes to aid business efficiency and profitability
- As required support the preparation of contracts & business cases from a commercial & financial perspective, working with other stakeholders to ensure profit optimisation & risk mitigation
- Undertake cost builds to support renewal and new business opportunities utilising existing knowledge and best practice
- Own and deliver the quality the reporting and control agenda. Adopt strong and robust processes to ensure routine effective assurance of controls are being applied
- Ensure adherence to company accounting standards, business compliance, policies and procedures are adopted and complied with within own area
- Manage financial and commercial reporting & forecasting to aid decision making and monitor progress
- Working with the accounting and governance team to ensure full alignment with the UKI and Divisional framework
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with either an ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent qualification. Ideally candidates will have 2-3 years experience within a relevant business sector (driven by complex B2B contracts) with at least 1-2 years experience in a similar or business management role.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, global business. If you are interested please send your CV and full details by clicking "Apply" quoting reference: LJ49859
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/