Senior FP&A Manager
Our client was highly successful private equity back technology business that has recently been bought by a leading brand in the digital marketing sector. The B2C division operates a portfolio of products and digital brands to solve a range of consumer and advertiser problems. The B2B division provides a white label comparison service within the Home Communications and Mobiles verticals and powers a number of brilliant and very well known brands.
Following the acquisition, and working as an agile technology business within the wider group, it is now using its market-leading technology to create a B2B partnership proposition across the Energy, Personal Finance and Insurance verticals, pulling on the group’s existing propositions in these exciting new product verticals. Maintaining a very entrepreneurial culture, the business is poised for the next stage in its growth and is now seeking a first class qualified accountant to join them in a senior FP&A role. This is a very exciting time to join the group.
It has a fun, fast paced and vibrant culture. Everyone in the company is collaborative, committed to one another, and bring industry leading skills. They work hard to get the right people on board and have created an exceptional culture in which you can flourish. They celebrate fresh ideas, enthusiasm and motivation – and seek staff who will bring these qualities and more.
The Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) is responsible for Financial Reporting, Strategy, Financial Control and Planning, as well as Commercial relationships. The Senior Financial Planning and Analysis Manager will report directly into the CCO and will provide support to the company’s short and medium term strategic planning. Whilst this role is varied and will provide access to all parts of the business, the critical element will be to develop the existing strategic aims by identifying and evaluating the specific growth opportunities, markets and resources required to meet medium term financial goals.
In addition, as Senior FP&A Manager you will:
- Lead and co-ordinate the financial planning, budgeting and forecasting process h including the preparation of forecasting and budgeting packs for Board sign off
- Provide the CCO and Executive team with financial analysis, interpretation and insights, highlighting opportunities and risks to the existing business
- Provide support and challenge at fortnightly business trading meetings to optimise trading results
- Support the wider business with financial modelling and analysis to assist with new business initiatives
- Assist the CCO, CEO and Executive team with ad hoc financial requests
- Prepare ad hoc financial and commercial information request for the Group
- Work with all departments to optimise existing and establish new business processes
- Help prepare monthly Board packs
- Ad hoc project work as required
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant with a strong academic record. Ideally you will have gained some experience outside audit, could be transaction services, corporate finance, or in a similar FP&A role in industry. Key will be the cultural fit – this is a high growth, fast paced business and you will need to demonstrate a track record in pushing change and disrupting the status quo.
Walker Hamill has been a specialist finance and strategy recruiter for almost 30 years. We have an extensive client group, including major multinational listed companies, private equity backed businesses and privately owned, early stage ventures. We recruit across all sectors, but have particularly strong client relationships in media, retail, pharma/biotech, technology, property/real estate, leisure and business services. We have offices in the UK, Switzerland and Australia. For further information, please see http://www.walkerhamill.com/