Senior Logistics Project Manager
1 day left
A Senior Logistics Project Manager is required to lead and implement distribution development projects across the UK for a leading 3rd Party logistics provider.
Leading 3rd Party Logistics Provider
UK Based; the role of a Senior Logistics Project Manager is to assist the development of major infrastructure change and improvement within the distribution network.
The role will entail : -
- Delivering major depot infrastructure change programmes in line with agreed business cases and time lines.
- Responsibility for a variety of projects that will include opening new and re-purposing existing operations where appropriate.
- Facilitating and managing senior stakeholders on one to one or through natural work teams.
- Influencing key senior stakeholders to achieve the proposed solution and ensure delivery of the project.
- Full Project budgetary responsibility for the successful completion of multi-million pound change programmes.
- Identifying and delivering the key success factors within Operations, HR, IT, Property and Maintenance that will lead to the effective delivery of critical projects.
This is a genuinely exciting position that will provide the successful candidate with strong exposure to the strategic thinking that goes into creating a world class Logistics distribution and supply chain network. Due to the national nature of the business this role could entail a significant element of UK travel.
Logistics distribution and supply chain
- UK based role of Senior Logistics Project Manager requires a degree calibre individual seeking to develop and progress their careers within a fast-paced, forward thinking and global organisation.
- The ideal candidate will have an operational background within Logistics distribution and supply chain and the ability to apply this experience within a more strategic role. Any past experience of managing and delivering projects within a distribution/logistics environment and exposure to Project Management techniques is therefore preferable. Due to the cross-functional nature of the role strong team-working and relationship building skills are critical. The willingness to take on a role with a high element of travel including spells spent working away from home will be an essential feature of the successful candidate.
- Experience using Project methodologies (Six Sigma, Prince2, PMP, Agile, Waterfall)
- Six Sigma accreditation is preferred although not essential.
- Experience of using MS Project is essential
Competitive + Car, Bonus and excellent benefits