Warehouse Shift Manager
1 day left
- Do you want to join a company where you can really make a difference? Then this is the role for you!
- We are recruiting for a UK leading retailer with some exciting growth opportunities. They are looking to develop their warehouse and distribution operation and are looking for 2 Warehouse Shift Managers who will be integral to the future of the business.
My client is a UK leading retail and distribution business based within the Logistics distribution and supply chain sector. They are looking for 2 Warehouse shift managers to be based in Bristol. My client is looking for someone who can help shape the business by maximising efficiency using the best practice whilst achieving targeted KPIs.
The warehouse shift manager based in Bristol will be responsible for the following:
- Leading and managing a Warehouse team of up to 35
- P & L involvement and responsibility for the shift
- Ensure that all daily duties , procedures and processes are completed and adhered to on a daily basis to ensure a high level of service is achieved.
- Determine and implement a Warehouse organisation best suited to maximize efficiency and deliver targeted performance levels
- Taking ownership of shift level performance, managing daily KPI reporting for activity and through-puts
- Provide strong visible leadership in order to ultimately manage staff through performance, management and training
- Manage absence procedures and back to work
- Resource planning in line with demands
- Improve Warehouse and Distribution operational efficiency
- Supporting and executing a continuous improvement plan to improve warehouse operations
- Building effective relationships with a range of cross functional internal stakeholders and external suppliers and contractors e.g. agency suppliers, transport, contractors etc.)
- Continuously drive a Health and Safety focused culture within the Warehouse team.
- Delivery of all step change and business requirements within Warehouse and Distribution with business needs and demands; monitoring and planning resource requirements to support the changing demands of the business.
- Develop SOP's for Warehouse and Distribution processes in order to ensure optimisation and compliance with standards and regulations
- Manage all Warehouse and Distribution related customer complaints, identifying root cause and implementing corrective actions
- Act as a 'Super User' with new WMS system
- Effectively communicate across all departments and sites, actively involving the workforce through regular reviews.
A successful candidate for the Warehouse Shift manager in Bristol will have:
- Previous, demonstrable experience within a similar level role or can showcase successful progression where this role would be the natural next step in your career.
- Excellent leadership skills, with a track record of engaging and coaching large teams, with particular emphasis on continually improving performance through development and succession planning.
- Has led and driven multiple change management or continuous improvement projects
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for inspiring your teams to achieve their best
- Professional, approachable and helpful to ensure smooth running of the general operation
- Team Player with ability to motivate and empower others
- Confident Manager, skilled at setting clear objectives and motivating their team to achieve them
- Quality oriented and customer service driven
- Proven experience of managing and implementing Health and Safety Culture
- Highly tolerant of change, being able to work with an evolving organisation
- Able to thrive in a highly competitive and demanding environment
- IOSH qualified (Preferable)
The Warehouse Shift Manager (based on experience) will earn
- Salary of £35,000 - £40,000
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme
- 23 days + Bank Holidays
- Working Monday-Friday
- Be available for work a weekly rotation of shifts. 6-2/2-10
- Annual Bonus