Based in Amersham, Buckinghamshire our client is a successful, growing company looking for a Financial Controller to join their team.
This job would suit a Qualified Accountant (ACMA, ACA or ACCA) who has experience of managing the day to day running of a finance department in a vibrant and growing business. Reporting to the Finance Director the role will be responsible for the statutory and management reporting for the group, managing the cashflow, the budgeting and forecasting as well as reviewing Purchase Ledger & Sales Ledger Balances, Bank Recs in addition to maintaining Fixed Asset Register and Depreciation as well as reconciling Payroll Net Wages and PAYE/ NIC control accounts.
This company is a privately owned successful business with operations around the world that has continued to diversify and grow its offerings around its core business. The business is run on the back of winning large contracts and tenders and delivering quality service to these high profile clients. Repeat business has been a key factor in the growth of the company as they have been able to concentrate on developing new clients on the back of their successes.
The successful candidate will be a Qualified Accountant with demonstrable experience managing the day to day running of a finance function and working with different levels of management, internal customers and suppliers. The candidate will have the ability to strive to seek innovative solutions, drive continuous improvement and able to demonstrate a high degree of intellectual curiosity. The proven ability to motivate, manage and develop a team is essential as are strong IT skills ideally with a practical knowledge of Sun or Sage Accounts.
Duties will include:
- Day to day management of Accounts Team
- Preparation of Consolidated Group Budget & Forecasts including international subsidiaries & Associated Businesses
- Preparation of draft Statutory Accounts and audit information and first point of contact for Auditors
- Statutory Accounts for Dormant subsidiaries
- UK & US Cash flow Management
- Preparation of UK Group monthly Management Accounts and reporting them to Divisional Operations Directors and MD
- Maintenance of Nominal Ledger & coding
- Review of Debtors Reports and assistance with Overdue Problem Accounts
- Provision of ad hoc financial information to the business
- FX management
- Review all payment runs
- Ensuring all cash floats are returned and accounted for
- Review & authorise all envelope/float analyses & reconciliations before posting
- Credit card management & queries
- Review & Authorisation of Monthly Payroll
- Preparation & submission of UK Vat Returns
- Preparation of National Statistics Reports
- Company Secretary for all group companies
- Preparation of Budgets and Forecasts for UK Group
- Liaison with Bank and HMRC
- Bank Signatory
For more information about this role or any other Financial Controller jobs in Amersham, Buckinghamshire, please contact me in confidence or visit our website www.mrkassociates.co.uk
Every application will receive a response as this is the recognised working practice at MRK Associates.
MRK Associates - AGY
Quality, Relevance & Reliability