Deputy Finance Director
- Are you looking for a Senior Finance role in a leading University?
- Have you delivered large scale projects and change programmes?
About Our Client
Michael Page is delighted to have been retained by the University of Liverpool in its search for a Deputy Director of Finance.
Founded in 1881 as the original 'redbrick', the University of Liverpool is one of the UK's leading research institutions. Consistently ranked in the top 200 universities worldwide, they are a member of the prestigious Russell Group of the universities and have a global reach and influence that reflects their academic heritage as one of the country's largest academic institutions.
The successful applicant will join an innovative University that is passionate about inspiring people to learn and achieve, that celebrates individuality and ingenuity, energy and enterprise, and is committed to enhancing both the student experience and our research excellence.
You will be responsible for leading financial planning and reporting activities across the University. You will provide strategic leadership for the University management accounting team, and ensure a consistent approach to financial planning and reporting across all devolved budgetary areas. You will also act as business lead for the ongoing transformation of finance University-wide.
You will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Leading and managing the University quarterly financial reporting process.
- Leading on the financial aspects of the University planning and performance cycle.
- Providing overall leadership for, and management of, the University management accounting team.
- Embedding a continuous improvement culture within the finance team in order to ensure effective and efficient reporting processes and documentation, with a service-led approach.
- Identifying and delivering key improvement projects that will deliver enhancements to service, process efficiency and reporting.
- Ensuring that all budget holders have timely access to appropriate and consistent management information in order to support decision making, and to lead on training for non-financial managers.
- Leading on finance system developments in order to improve financial reporting and process efficiency.
- Supporting the financial aspects of investment appraisal and business cases.
- Developing the understanding of profitability of activities across the University.
The Successful Applicant
You will be highly motivated, proactive and enthusiastic, and an aspirational leader who embodies and upholds the University's Vision and Values.
You will have relevant experience of finance systems, driving a business change project, process improvement and leading financial planning in a large, complex organisation at a Senior Leadership Level.
You should have excellent communication skills and experience of dealing with a wide range of stakeholders.
- CCAB qualification with experience at a senior level.
- Experience of leading financial planning, process improvement, cultural change, and a collaborative approach
- Excellent leadership skills, and the ability to motivate and develop a professional finance team.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
What's on Offer
£69,833 - £78,011 with generous package including: 35 days holiday, University Pension scheme 18%.
Ref Code: MPFE13958944Z