IT Programme Manager - Leading UK Charity
To develop the IT Team's project delivery capability, including responsibilities for development of policies, methods, processes, documentation, templates and other tools in the light of best practice and in relation to Project Management appropriate to the needs of the Company and in line with the Company's PMO standards.
Leading UK Charity
- Managerial responsibility for the IT project programme delivery in line with budget, timescale and quality criteria and underpinning strategies.
- To monitor IT projects for compliance with current internal Project Management best practice and the identified project quality criteria, including specification, timescale and budget.
- To produce and present regular reports to the Operational Portfolio Steering Group (OPSG) and Programme Boards as required on progress of projects in relation to time, cost and quality, priorities or issues arising.
- To develop, articulate and make recommendations to senior boards and committees in the management of IT programme risks, issues and dependencies.
- To work with the PMO to ensure the continuous improvement of project management within the Company.
- To guide, recommend and assist in developing appropriate Project & Programme governance arrangements
- to identify and implement methods of heightening awareness of Project Management methods and disciplines both within IT Department and across the Institute generally.
- To mentor staff across the Institute who are acting in a Project Management capacity on IT projects.
- To manage the resource management process across IT Team.
Education / Knowledge
- Degree or equivalent
- A-level standard qualifications and GCSE English Language and Maths
- Recognised project management qualification
- PRINCE2 Practitioner qualification
- Commitment to continuous professional development
- LEAN methods
- A thorough understanding of Project Management methodologies and approaches.
- Ability to apply excellent project management skills
- Experience of working under pressure and adhering to established deadlines.
- Effective communication skills, both oral and in writing,
- Effective presentation skills.
- A thorough approach to documentation.
- Detailed understanding of IT (hardware, software, systems) issues and technologies.
- Customer management awareness and skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills - with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Ability to forge partnerships, to motivate, to enthuse, and drive forward individuals.
- Ability to lead, manage and develop a multi-disciplined team.
- An analytical and proactive approach to problem solving and development issues.
- Strong business analysis skills
- Awareness of process management techniques
- Team development skills
- Significant experience working in an IT Programme Management capacity in at least a medium sized organisation
- Proven budget management experience
- Resource management
- Experience in working in a large academic/research environment
- Appreciation of the needs of scientists
- Managing Agile projects
- Experience of delivering and managing change
£50,000 - £60,000 + Great Company Benefits