I am exclusively working with a PE-backed retail/E-commerce business seeking their first permanent Finance Director to oversee a rapid phase of growth following recent investment.
With online sales growing 100% YOY, this is an excellent time to join the business in a broad role with strategic responsibilities and excellent exposure to working with the investors.
- Partnering with the MD, COO, Chairman and Investors to monitor and manage the business plan and drive the growth and performance of the business.
- Keeping a constant and disciplined grip on key financial levers, ensuring they are being fully optimised, and implementing a robust KPI framework to effectively measure key milestones in the business plan, with a focus on EBITDA and cash.
- Ensuring timely and accurate reporting and effective scalable controls are in place to support a rapid period of growth.
- Preparing the financial objectives for the business, taking responsibility for the annual budgeting process in line with the business plan; forecasting; and financial planning processes.
- Leading the design and provision of relevant and insightful financial and operating information and analysis to the Board and Shareholders in a timely manner (including monthly P&L, CF and BS), giving a clear overview of business performance and fuelling commercial decision making and strategic planning discussions.
- Assessing performance against both the budget and long-term strategy, providing financial input into key operational decision.
- Developing and managing robust financial systems and controls and taking responsibility for risk and finance policies; multi-jurisdiction tax analysis, planning and structuring.
- Leading cash and working capital management and managing the treasury requirements of the business to best effect, including foreign exchange and hedging activities.
- Managing the annual audit process and ensuring rigorous compliance with financial reporting requirements.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Reporting of weekly & monthly KPIs.
- Cost centre reporting & control.
- Preparation and management of rolling weekly cash forecast.
- Preparation of statutory accounts.
- Management of annual audit.
- Preparation of quarterly VAT.
- Preparation of capital appraisal of all capital projects i.e. new sites, IT investment.
- Preparation of post appraisal reviews.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- Previous experience of working in a retail/ multi-site/E-Commerce environment
- Previous exposure of working for a PE-backed business is advantageous