Sales and Development Director
Sales and Development Director Up to £75,000 per annum plus bonus At the forefront of green service provision across the UK since 1989, Glendale offers innovative solutions for the total management and maintenance of the green environment. Glendale delivers an unparalleled portfolio of ten specialist green services: grounds management, arboriculture, supply of plants and semi-mature trees, countryside management, estate management, cleansing services, vegetation management, landscaping, architectural design and planning consultancy. The Sales & Development Director position is an exciting new board level role, reporting to the Managing Director, within the core Glendale business. This role has been created to focus and strengthen the company strategy of targeted growth and a wider organisational sales culture. The postholder will take full responsibility for achieving the national sales and bid development targets to underpin the business growth and future profitability.
The Sales & Development Director will have real impact; identifying opportunities, developing new revenue streams and submitting winning bids. As well as being hands on, you will also be involved in the board level strategy and shaping the future direction of the business.
- Deliver the company strategic growth plans, leading in customer acquisition and retention
- Successfully leading the marketing of business in the target sectors to be placed as a supplier of choice
- Engage at a higher level with customers and develop key senior business relationships
- Increasing diversification across both private and public sectors
- Identifying and developing new service streams and activities that complement the core strategy
- Liaising with Glendale regions to integrate sales activity and operational implementation of new business secured
- Manage the sales systems developing robust sales pipeline with accurate financial forecasting
- Ensure all required reporting and historical data analysis is captured to be able to produce and interpret sales performance information
The successful candidate:
- Degree educated or equivalent, financially astute with proven commercial acumen
- Experienced professional with a successful background in developing a networked salesforce, working remotely as required
- Demonstrable experience in developing effective sales systems that underpin sales performance
- Thorough understanding of procurement strategies and forms of contract
- A high level of commercial experience.
- Experience of developing a networked sales force, working remotely as required
- A capable and confident communicator with excellent previous sales record.
- Able to effectively communicate the company’s integrity, competence and passion for managing the green environment
- High level of attention to detail; leaves nothing to chance
- Project management experience and able to build effective working relationships with colleagues
- A recognised industry related qualification is desirable.
Candidates looking for an exciting and progressive career should send a CV and cover letter, clearly explaining their credentials to deliver the role profile, to Louise Edwardson, HR Administrator, Parkwood House, Berkeley Drive, Bamber Bridge, Preston, PR5 6BY or by clicking "Apply".
For further information and a full job description please click "Apply".
Closing Date: Wednesday 31st October 2018
If you are interested in applying for this role, we suggest that you do so at the earliest opportunity to avoid disappointment as interviews will be held throughout the process. Please note that if you have not received correspondence within 21 days then please assume your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Glendale is an Equal Opportunities Employer