Senior Delivery Manager - Data Science
Leading UK Organisation
Working across the whole organisation you'll be enabling collaborative working with the Data Engineering and Data Science practices. You will be critical to embedding data science and data engineering fully within the organisation and transforming the way it works.
- Maintaining collaborations and relationships across government and with third parties that may be contracted to deliver specific capabilities or research.
- Work across the whole organisation in a matrix management approach with line management responsibilities for senior data science and engineering staff.
- Work with colleagues across the business identifying data science and data engineering opportunities, objectively assessing business value and prioritising against the backlog.
- Planning and supporting the development of the data engineering and data science practices, ensuring the teams have the tools, data and domain knowledge they need.
- Maintaining and building relationships relevant to data science and engineering across government.
- Line manage and develop, through coaching and directed development plans, the members of the Data Science and Engineering practices.
- Support recruitment of the data scientist and data engineers and provide oversight for the development of data skills more broadly in the Organisation.
- Communicating the data science and data engineering work across the organisation and managing the demand on the teams.
- Take technical direction from the tech leads (data science and engineering) and develop a delivery plan.
- Collaborate with external bodies for capability building and defining team structure.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of data science and data engineering.
- Solid detailed knowledge of big data and data science technologies and techniques and with this knowledge the ability to identify and communication business opportunities to a variety of audiences
- Experience of building, leading and managing successful multi-disciplinary teams (Collaborating and partnering)
- Experience of delivery management across multiple teams in an agile environment, to deliver data science or data engineering solutions (Delivering at Pace)
- Demonstrated evidence of an elevated level of emotional intelligence and behavioural understanding with the ability to bridge the gap between the business and technology teams (Leading and Communication)
- Engagement in relevant networks and experience of talking at conferences and other events (Collaborating and partnering)
Opportunity to work on a significant Data Science Transformation Programme
Opportunity to work in a highly regarded organisation