Senior Manager - Digital Channels (Data, Design and Innovation)
The role represents an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced leader to work at the heart of Digital Retail Banking data, architecture and innovation. Specifically, this newly created role will lead the team that provides risk management support to Group Design and Data. Acting as the trusted advisor for all matters of risk in this area.
Leading Retail Bank
Reporting to the Head of Digital Risk the role represents an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced leader to work at the heart of Digital Retail Banking data, architecture and innovation. Specifically, this newly created role will lead the team that provides risk management support to Group Design and Data. Acting as the trusted advisor for all matters of risk in this area.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and delivering positive outcomes for customers.
- Protect Group Transformation & CIO by supporting the business to identify, report and mitigate risks.
- Gain insight through data, to develop an enhanced risk management framework (technical architecture, systems & business processes) across Mobile & Online Channels, supporting fair sustained customer outcomes.
- Work directly with teams to help mitigate Digital / Data risk across Online / Mobile channels and aid smooth transition along the life-cycle of a project.
- Transform the bank in a safe and compliant way.
- Work in collaboration with Group Design & Data exec team to define, manage and enhance their risk profile, escalating where necessary though the relevant governance structure.
- Have a strong working understanding of the specialist aspects of Digital risk, data architecture, Data Governance and innovation (moving to Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning), being able to interpret information from different perspectives and to effectively communicate complex concepts.
- Be confident in using data and insight to make, influence and challenge technical decisions, leading to considerations around In-Source / Outsource opportunities.
- Have strong knowledge of the operating model and risk landscape of a digital business (extending into Chatbots, Mobile, Online, Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning), using this to provide thought leadership and deliver innovative solutions to complex risk challenges.
- Hold a comprehensive understanding of the divisional risk profile ensuring, through appropriate use of data and a risk toolkits within Group Design and Data, that current and emerging key risks are understood and effective short and long term mitigating actions are in place.
- Provide expert risk and control advice to enable effective management of risks for stakeholders in the context of material events and breaches, the wider Digital business and the Business change pipeline.
- Understand the business context of the GDD strategy and supports the formulation of a forward facing approach to meet future aspirations and innovation.
- Leverage existing relationships within Senior Management across the Group to understand and influence strategic direction, make decisions collaboratively and enabling teams to deliver change together.
- Support the Group Transformation Risk Committee and Divisional level risk management, focusing on Group Design & Data.
- Lead, manage and develop a team of risk individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Demonstrate continuous learning and self-development around emerging Agile/Systems thinking concepts.
Demonstrable track record in Digital Strategy, Risk Management, Governance and Innovation
Opportunity to work on a major Digital Change Programme
Opportunity to work with a Leading Retail Bank