CIO to manage the company's information technology services across all of their sites globally, develop short and long term strategies for the future direction of Information Management and delivery of ICT.
To lead the information technology operational teams globally while assisting with the implementation of information systems across the companies network, including working with key stakeholders and vendors.
Founded in 2013 the business has been in growth mode across 11 global locations and presence in than 13 countries with more than 35 locations and will continue with ambitious growth strategy plans moving forward.
Group CIO to manage the companies information technology services across all of their sites, globally. Develop short and long term strategies for the future direction of Information Management and delivery of ICT.
To lead the information technology operational teams globally, whilst assisting with the implementation of information systems across the companies network, including working with key stakeholders and vendors.
The CIO Job:
- Strategy - To create and maintain Information Technology & Management strategies in line with stakeholder needs and in keeping up with current best practice.
- Governance - To ensure Information Technology and Management are in-line with agreed strategy and policy. To ensure that policy and strategy is in compliance with government legislation and standards in those countries in which the Group operates.
- Project Management - To manage the implementation of current projects and integrated accounting packages, JD Edwards along with future projects such as group accounting integration with Cognos. Continual management of operational projects for:
- Ongoing integration, upkeep and improvement of IT systems;
- Review of procurement and contractual arrangements
- Migration of core technologies and tools to the 'cloud';
- Implementation - manage the day to day operations of IT systems, ensuring that planning, end-user impact, change management, training, quality management are properly addressed and monitored to ensure that deadlines, budgets and service levels are met and results delivered.
- Supply management - manage the relationships with external agencies and suppliers, ensuring contracts and service levels are negotiated in line with strategic aims and financial constraints and ongoing service is in-line with agreed contracts.
- Budget - manage the annual information technology capital and operational expense budgets for all sites. Specifically to be responsible for the review, audit and prioritisation of all information management systems and the replacement cycle of information technology hardware.
- Service - organise and implement servicing and support of all IT systems to agreed service level standards. In particular:
- Ensure training is provided on any new systems that are introduced;
- Provide remedial support where necessary;
- Work with the Marketing Director to ensure IT systems support marketing and campaigns;
- Staff - line manage and develop the information technology teams, working with them to plan and prioritise their workloads, set objectives, conduct appraisals and supported to continually improve their performance and results. To work with various stakeholders where IT support is supplied via 3rd party vendors.
- Research- develop and implement plans, in consultation with key stakeholders, to research, analyse and present material relating to the educational sector. To develop and implement plans , in consultation with key stakeholders, to research, analyse and present material relating to the strategic direction of IT within the corporate sector.
- Business continuity - develop and maintain the Major Incident & Business Continuity plan for IT and to implement measures designed to safeguard the Information Technology and Management needs of the company in the event of major incidents or disasters.
CIO Key Skills:
- Relevant degree and evidence of continuous professional development in an IT role
- Demonstrable experience and evidence of success in an information management role with multiple stakeholder groups
- Formal project management training and experience
- Knowledge of CRM data and database systems; understanding of data security and other compliance responsibilities
- Experience of commissioning services from third parties and managing relationships with suppliers and contractors
- Previous line management experience with teams spread across multiple geographic locations
- Experience with data protection policies and compliance thereof within multiple geographic locations
- Experience with Information Technology networks and systems at a global level and daily operational management thereof
- International experience
- Resource management - has skills to Influence results through appropriate staffing, budgetary management and maximisation of available resources
£130k to £150k + 20% bonus potential with benefits