Search for a Finance Director of a privately-owned SME retail business.
The role is based in the London area (South-East) area but with some travel required to London and national stores. This is a Board level appointment with a current finance team of c. 10 people.
Candidate accountabilities and characteristics (ideal):
- Proven commercial acumen with strong investigative and problem-solving capabilities
- Experience of transactional M&A and/or private equity
- Business and financial strategy and planning, monitoring and reporting of performance
- Systems empathy; web-business empathy for an evolving retail environment
- ACA/ CIMA/ ACCA qualified with proven track record in comparable business/sector
- People focused aligned with the company's values of customer coming first and right first time
- Strong communicator and team builder
- Strong influencing skills, ability to build and manage relationships and operate at a senior level within the board
- Establish and maintain a framework of strong financial control
- Enthusiastic with sufficient experience for this potentially to suit someone taking first FD role