- Complex Governance and Risk management of multiple projects within a programme
- Lead and manage a small team of both permanent and interim staff
My client is a dynamic and fast paced NHS Trust in West Sussex and across the South of England. With their ambitious plans in mind, they require a permanent Programme Manager to lead and manage their team in Sussex.
Based across Surrey and West Sussex, the role is to provide assurance and governance to support successful delivery of the projects/programmes.
Some duties of the Programme Manager include:
- To monitor and challenge the delivery of a range of projects and programmes
- To work with the wider team to ensure processes for project and programme management are fit for purpose
- Establish and ensure a firm understanding of benefits realisation and tracking of benefits across the team
- Manage interdependencies between projects
- Coaching the team to enable them to better define programmes and projects
- Ensure risks and issues are managed appropriately
- Provide assurance on delivery of projects
Bringing a strong, can do attitude to the organisation, the successful Programme Manager will be able to clearly demonstrate:
- Experience of planning, executing, controlling and closing projects and the ability to manage multiple programmes simultaneously with minimal supervision
- Experience of working in a PMO office or project environment
- Strong skills in creating and maintaining project and programme plans, including risks, assumptions, issues and dependencies
- Knowledge of benefits and dependency mapping and risk management
- High proficient IT skills in word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project. Excellent written / oral communication skills for reports and presentations.
- Diplomatic ability to influence others at all levels of the business
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build good relationships with key stakeholders.
The salary is a Band 8b and my client will be able to offer generous holiday and pension benefits to the Programme Manager.