- Large international business
- Opportunity for travel and development abroad
About Our Client
HOYER is a global leader in providing specialist bulk logistics for the chemical, petroleum, food and gas industries. Established in 1946 as an independent family run business they now employ over 1,300 people in the UK and over 6,500 internationally across 115 countries. They have been awarded the Investor in People status due to having a cohesive team where everyone works closely together to deliver world class standards of customer service and health & safety. Long-term value creation and sustainable behaviour are fundamental, reflecting the value system and culture of the HOYER family and are the key guiding principles of the HOYER Group's Executive Board.
Their focus is on delivering high quality service performance to their customers in each of the following areas:
- HOYER Petrolog - delivering logistics solutions for every kind of bulk Petroleum-based product from bulk retail, commercial and aviation fuels such as petrol, diesel, gasoil and kerosene through to jet fuel, bitumen, bitumen emulsions, fuel oils and lubricants
- HOYER Chemilog - providing intermodal and road tanker based logistics services for all types of bulk hazardous and non-hazardous chemicals
- HOYER Gaslog - intermodal and road tanker solutions for all types of air gases, liquid petroleum gas (LPG), liquid natural gas (LNG) and gases produced from chemical manufacturing processes
- HOYER Foodlog - whether in bulk liquid or powder form, providing road tanker or intermodal solutions for the foodstuffs supply chain
- HOYER Deep Sea - full service provider offering worldwide transport and logistics solutions for primarily liquid products in tank containers, tank trucks and flexitanks
Michael Page Finance is working exclusively with HOYER to find a Finance Manager to support their Norway business. The Norwegian subsidiary (turnover NOK300m) sits within the Petrolog business unit and this role would be responsible for the financial performance, compliance and control.
Reporting to the Petrolog Business Unit Controller and with the support of a shared service team in Huddersfield, you will:
- Produce monthly management accounts and budgets
- Manage treasury, fixed asset and operating lease accounting
- Be responsible for the monthly payroll and expenses activity (300 employees), VAT returns and balance sheet reconciliations
- Head up projects around systems and process improvement
Apart from robust accounting and legal & tax compliance, the emphasis of the day to day activity will be performance reporting and the provision of value-adding MI to enable the management team to enhance financial performance in what is a very dynamic business environment.
The role will also involve lots of business partnering with senior stakeholders in the Norwegian business within Operations and Head Office and you will be a key member of those teams. So the role requires someone who is a strong and confident communicator with the ability to challenge and influence where fit. With this in mind, there will be frequent travel to Norway with this role.
The Successful Applicant
To be successful in this role you must:
- Have a professional Accounting qualification or demonstrable QBE
- Have strong management and financial accounting skills (in a medium to large organisation) and international exposure would be a huge advantage given that HOYER is a worldwide business
- Have good working knowledge of VAT and personal/corporation tax will also be useful
- Operate to a high standard of software skills (both mid-range financial and PC). HOYER uses the Coda e-Finance accounting system and for reporting and analysis Microsoft Excel, Word & Powerpoint and Cognos
HOYER offer outstanding training and support to all employees throughout the course of their career so that you can develop, take the initiative, thrive in taking responsibility and become the best that you can be; that's good for business, good for the Company and good for you.
What's on Offer
Your new role at HOYER will offer a range of opportunities for worldwide travel along with a competitive salary and benefits package. If you fit the criteria and are interested in applying for this position then please click apply.
Ref Code: MPFE13951150Z