Chief Information Officer (CIO)
This is an exciting opportunity for a transformative, customer driven and collaborative IT Leader to deliver a radical enhancement in the provision of IT at Durham. Our new CIO will have the mandate and budget to deliver a robust, stable IT landscape which can underpin an outstanding student experience and the breadth of world leading research carried out at Durham. The CIO will work across the organisation building trusted partner relationships with key stakeholders and implementing the foundations on which our future stakeholder -focused, innovative IT offering can be built.
Durham is one of the world’s great universities and one of the most distinctive. It provides an inspirational environment for those who work and study at the University. As a world top 100 university with a global reputation for excellence in research and education, we are a respected member of the Russell Group of leading research-intensive UK universities. With over 18,000 students and 3,000 staff Durham’s IT services and systems must be commensurate with its world standing. This role represents an exceptional opportunity for a visionary technology leader to deliver a dramatic uptick in the provision of information technology service at Durham.
Durham University is a welcoming employer committed to promoting equality, diversity and inclusion in all that we do.
- Operate as a senior leader across the University, build, collaborative relationships with key academic and professional service stakeholders in order to build trust, confidence and understand the demand for IT services
- Create a transformative aligned IT strategy and technology roadmap to deliver a rapid enhancement in IT systems performance and the quality of the IT customer experience
- Build a well governed, prioritised and deliverable portfolio of IT and systems change programmes
- Provide strong functional leadership to the IT team driving clarity of responsibility and process. Build an IT team culture which puts the user at the heart of what it does, makes IT simple and easy to engage with and has a reputation for reliable, outstanding delivery
- With significant exposure to complex information or knowledge intensive industries, you will have the ability to understand the needs of a diverse organisation plus have demonstrable experience of shaping high performing IT functions to meet them
- Politically savvy and an outstanding communicator, you will have the ability to proactively build relationships with a range of senior stakeholders across the University, the sector and partner organisations in wider industry
- An inspiring people leader, you will have the proven ability to enthuse and galvanise large IT teams. You will have experience building stakeholder focused cultures and be able to articulate the benefits of new ways of working to ensure teams implement modern, professional IT working practices.
To hear more about this exciting opportunity, apply now by clicking "Apply".
For a confidential discussion, contact Alex Richardson at our retained search consultants; Odgers Berndtson on 0161 498 3409