Deputy Chief Executive Officer
Call for expression of interest for the position of Deputy Chief Executive Officer of the Executive Board of the Hellenic Financial Stability Fund
The Hellenic Financial Stability Fund (‘Fund’) was established as a legal entity under Law 3864/2010 with the objective of contributing to the maintenance of the stability of the Greek banking system, for the sake of the public interest. The Fund is managed by two distinct bodies: the three-member Executive Board and the seven non-executive member General Council.
The Fund is seeking to appoint its Deputy Chief Executive Officer (“DCEO”) to fill a vacant position. The Selection Panel shall select and propose a short list of candidates to the Minister of Finance who will appoint the Deputy Chief Executive Officer.
The purpose of this call for expression of interest is to attract candidates with the appropriate profile. The appointment is for three years and may be renewed but it cannot exceed the term of the HFSF, which is currently December 31st 2022.
Requirements / Qualifications
Candidates should meet the following criteria and conditions:
- Education: University degree, ideally in Finance, Management or Economics.
- Languages: Excellent command of English language, fluent Greek will be considered as a valuable asset.
- Field of Expertise: The Deputy CEO shall be selected among persons with adequate professional experience, with a proven record of achievement in the financial sector, broad vision of business issues, successful track record working as a top executive in relevant financial companies or institutions. Exposure to and experience in an international environment and exposure to audit, legal and regulatory matters will be considered advantages.
- Candidates must also have a track record of sound business decision making and applying consistently best practices; have track record and involvement in a multi-faceted, highly complex and high pressure business environment involving corporate restructuring and management realignment, as well as experience dealing with the issues and concerns of investors. Strong managerial skills, high-level negotiation skills, proven record of working smoothly in a leadership team and unquestionable business ethics are required.
- Proven independence from institutions, systemic banks, government and bank borrowers is a pre-requisite. Prior experience with an organization that is known for its impeccable ethics and integrity, above-average success record and a culture that has attracted, energized and retained top talent will be considered a valuable asset.
- The Deputy CEO will be appointed subject to the absence of any personal or legal conflicts and restrictions, as described in the articles 4 and 16b of Law 3864/2010. Applicants will be invited to confirm their compliance with the above and upon appointment to submit a formal declaration.
Deadline / Terms & Conditions
The closing date for applications will be October 15th, 2018
Applications can be submitted via email by clicking on Apply.
For further information on the Fund, please visit the Fund’s website: www.hfsf.gr.