- Torsion Group is a privately owned development & construction company.
- Now seeking an ambitious Finance Manager to join our growing team.
About Our Client
Torsion Group is a privately owned independent development and construction company, offering a solutions-focused approach to delivering large accommodation-based schemes covering Student Accommodation, Care to Residential and Housing Sectors.
Established in March 2015, we have expanded across other regions and now have offices in the Yorkshire, Midlands and the North West and employ a 70+ experienced and empowered team. Torsion has successfully delivered all of its schemes on time, to budget with 0% AFR- and continue to double in turnover and profit every year since conception.
Alongside the construction business, Torsion Homes was launched in 2016 under the umbrella brand to fill a unique gap for smaller exclusive residential developments in the market.
From the beginning, Torsion has developed a focused and progressive construction business. Our relentless drive to find better solutions enables us to deliver the best schemes safely and efficiently whilst challenging the traditional aspects of construction. We design to budget for our clients, and this allows us to demonstrate a clear competitive edge and innovative approach in the way we deliver projects.
The Finance Manager will report to the Finance Director. The Finance Manager will be responsible for the following:
- Currently 2 Direct Reports
- Ensure Ledgers are up to date and reconciled monthly
- Produce quarterly management accounts
- Monitor and maintain accurate forecasts for P&L and cash flow
- Proactively develop an understanding of the requirements of the business, by developing strong working relationships with colleagues, and strive to meet these requirements. Aim to integrate the finance function into the business.
- Provide leadership to ensure that the accounts/finance function operates efficiently and effectively
- Commence the development of the Project Business Plan during the pre-construction stage
- Ensure that statutory reporting, submission and payment deadlines are met.
- Identify areas for overhead and cost reduction and develop strategies to realise these reductions
- Work closely with the Commercial team to ensure that communication and information flow between the Commercial and Finance Departments (and vice versa) is regular, meaningful and focused on business improvement
- Develop, implement and monitor finance processes and systems to ensure they support the future needs of the business
- Monitor and check risk, identifying risks and ensuring risk is effectively mitigated, managed or budgeted for to ensure financial projections are met or exceeded every time
- Ensure that the Company's planning, cost and financial controls are established to provide accurate up to date information and control
- Ensure that anyone working in the department is effectively inducted and fully understand their role and responsibilities
- Coach and mentor direct reports to maximise their potential and maintain their commitment and motivation
- Co-operate with other departments of the business to maximise the efficiency and utilisation of resources and to share experience and best practice
- Lead and promote the correct behaviours towards Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in the workplace, treating all stakeholders with dignity and respect
- Undertake performance reviews for direct reports
- Participate in the development of training plans for direct reports as appropriate
- Undertake Company projects as required and maintain at all times up-to-date knowledge on changes and developments relevant to the role
- Share best practice and promote continuous improvement and innovation
- Ensure compliance and adherence with all Company policies, procedures, processes and tools applicable to the role
The Successful Applicant
- Motivates and empowers others, providing a clear direction
- Makes prompt, clear decisions, which may involve tough choices or considered risk
- Demonstrates financial and commercial awareness
- Focuses on customer needs and satisfaction
- Expresses opinions, information and key points of an argument clearly
- Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction
What's on Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Car Allowance
- Pension - 3% Employer's Contribution
- Private Health Care
- Life Insurance (x4 Gross Salary)
- 28 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
Ref Code: MPFE13950661Z