Deputy Director, Wholesale Markets
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
The Systems & Networks Division ensures the efficient development and supervision of GB energy networks and market rules so that consumers have easy access to clean, affordable, reliable energy. You will provide strategic leadership and effective management of the Wholesale Markets team and across the Systems & Networks Directorate, including electricity and gas security of supply, the design of markets, and interconnector investment and trading. It is a broad and highly challenging portfolio, set against a dynamic and often uncertain background. Visible and influential, you will nurture stakeholder relationships with Government, market participants, interconnector project developers, the System Operator and neighbouring regulators and stakeholders from across the sector. You will also be the face of Ofgem in Europe, representing us at high-level boards and assemblies, ensuring that we retain an influential voice and support the delivery of EU Exit.
Success at this level demands first-class intellectual and analytical skills coupled with in-depth technical knowledge and significant experience of the wholesale energy market. We are also looking for a strong track record of success in managing complex policy and programmes, including the identification and management of risks. You will be responsible for a team of 25 dedicated staff, so people management skills are vital; accountability for a large consultancy budget means you must be financially astute. This is a fast-paced and dynamic environment, so the ability to calmly and authoritatively lead multi-functional teams to deliver high-quality work at pace is also required.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Subsidised gym and restaurant (London location only)
- Interest free season ticket loan.
Closing date: 8th October 2018.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
More searches like this
- Environmental Strategy Senior Management jobs in London (Central)
- Government Strategy Senior Management jobs in London (Central)
- Oil & Gas Strategy Senior Management jobs in London (Central)
- Public Sector Strategy Senior Management jobs in London (Central)
- Not for Profit / Charity Strategy Senior Management jobs in London (Central)