Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operations Officer
Amber Enterprises Group
One Central Square, Cardiff
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
amber enterprises group is the fastest growing business in Cardiff, and a rising star in the UK Energy Market (with a new water company being started also the company moves quickly). Working closely with our CEO & Founder Nick Proctor, the COO will play a key role in our vision to become a world class energy organization leading industry standards. To help us achieve this goal, the COO along with ambers’ leadership team will devise and deliver our operational strategy for the next 3 years+ as we grow and diversify into new markets.
What you’ll be doing:
- Take ownership of the operational strategy – where are we going and how are we going to get there.
- Consider the different brands and the overlapping needs and requirements.
- Deliver centralization of data within the amber energy business to ensure processes can be streamlined and customers can access their ‘big data’ in a way that adds value.
- Determine where operational improvements can be made and deliver them. We have a fast-paced culture and we need someone who can move quickly and make changes at the cadence we need.
- Drive profitability alongside growth via efficiency improvements and strategic development of the business with the CEO.
- Lead from the front – be a shining example of all things amber, and make sure everyone else is too.
- Walk the walk – be accountable for all operational targets and take pride in personally ensuring they are delivered.
- Be a Do’er – Be in the detail and build an enviable team that work with you, not for you.
- Measure success – Our only real KPI is delivery, but we need sight of the key metrics along the way to make sure we’re on track to achieve our goals. Development and management of suitable GANT plans, managing them and adjusting them to ensure we stay aligned with our vision.
What we’re looking for:
- Fresh ideas – Everyone that joins the amber team has to bring something new to the table
- Autonomy – You’ll get heaps of it at amber, but with great power comes great responsibility! We want someone with a commitment to getting the job done
- Keep it simple – In what can at times be a complex industry, we’re looking for someone with the ability to simplify complex tasks and keep things running smoothly
- Set us up for success – Make sure everyone at amber has the tools they need to succeed, and be a catalyst for growth
- Empowering – Make sure everyone (yourself included) has accountability for their piece of the Amber puzzle – we love to watch our team rise to the challenges our business presents
- Speed – The energy market moves quickly, and if we want to be ahead of the curve we need to move even quicker. We need a fast-paced COO with an unwavering work ethic
- Passion – Our COO should live and breathe the amber culture, and be a brand ambassador
- A stickler for detail – Our COO needs to be both a strategic leader whilst also deep in the nitty gritty details
- Track record – This is a big role for us, and we need someone who can demonstrate that they have the skills we need from their previous experience. We need someone who has taken businesses on journeys, who has achieved some amazing results working with dynamic teams and complex environments.
Location & Remuneration:
This position will be based at the amber HQ in the new Central Square development. There’ll be some travel involved occasionally, but your usual day will be in Cardiff. The CEO is often on travel growing the business and the COO will run the operations day to day. The team work on flexible hours and the right candidate will be committed to working the needed hours to drive the business forward and support the teams to success.
Remuneration will include:
- Attractive Basic Salary
- Annual Bonus based on agreed KPI’s
- Private Health Care (Axa Provided inc. free gym membership for a year)
- Membership of Company Pension Scheme
- Group EMI Share Options Scheme
Vargo Recruitment Ltd & PB Recruit have been exclusively retained by amber enterprises group to recruit for this vacancy All applications will be handled with the strictest confidence and are subject to GDPR Regulations.