1 day left
Parkinson Lee Executive Search, part of the Elevation Recruitment Group, is the retained partner to Façade and Glazing Solutions UK (FGS) in the appointment of a Managing Director.
Headquartered in Rotherham, FGS is part of the private investment group CoBe Capital.
CoBe Capital specialises in the acquisition and operation of corporate divestitures and, as a family office and unlike many Private Equity Firms, invests with the intent to grow these businesses for the long term.
With a turnover of circa £70 million, FGS is a leading provider of contracting, commercial glazing, and insurance services in the UK market. For more than 25 years, FGS has developed long-lasting, strategic relationships with some of the largest and most reputable companies in the country and partners with main contractors, leading insurers, facilities managers, and property owners to provide a complete 'glazing' building life cycle solution.
Following the recent acquisition by CoBe, the management team and CoBe capital have initiated an ambitious transformation to further build the market position and to enhance sustainable financial performance. FGS is now looking to appoint a Managing Director who will lead FGS in the long term, and who will shape and deliver the transformation with a true owners' perspective.
Reporting to CoBe Capital, the Managing Director will be responsible for the overall success of the enterprise, and will control and oversee all business operations, people, and ventures.
Key accountabilities will include:
- Working side-by-side with the owner-representatives and the management team to develop and execute the company's short, medium, and long-term business strategies
- Maintaining the well-established status of the company whilst exploiting opportunities to improve and establish best operational practice; having previously been run as a non-core business unit, there is significant opportunity to make a real impact and step change in business performance
- Leading the analysis and strategic redesign of some business segments whilst delivering improvements in operations and business processes
- Ensuring the FGS businesses operate cohesively whilst at the same time understanding the diversities within the business both geographically and culturally
- Maintaining a stable cash position in the short term whilst accomplishing quantum-leap improvements to create a sustainable, profitable business
- Developing the senior leadership team and empowering members thereof to lead their own teams in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment. Leading change from a corporate cultural environment towards a dynamic, independent, medium-sized institution with the owner's perspective as a key paradigm
The successful candidate will a proven Managing Director with demonstrable experience in delivering strong strategic business plans, preferably in turnaround situations.
In particular, we are looking for an individual with:
- A proven track record of operating as Managing Director within a similar sized organisation. In particular, we are keen to speak to individuals with expertise in the development and delivery of business strategy and operational improvement
- Demonstrable achievements in the successful turnaround of underperforming businesses whilst developing and motivating a first-class leadership and operational teams
- Outstanding commercial acumen with solid understanding of ground working operations
- A hands-on commitment to making and following through with significant, strategic decisions with resolve - but based on truly comprehending key business drivers and issues first
- Confident communication and inter personal skills at all levels of the organisation, with the business owners, and business partners
- Intuitive understanding of operational and financial measures of performance, and a track record of delivering results
- Relevant experience in construction, construction materials, facilities management, large projects/contracts businesses or other relevant sectors (preferred although not essential; the calibre and track record of the individual is of higher importance)
The successful candidate will be a leader who will steer the company in the most profitable direction whilst also implementing its mission and long-term goals. A firm leader to the senior management team - who makes them true followers and attains top results without command and control.
To apply, or for a confidential discussion about the appointment, please contact Zoe Sullivan at Parkinson Lee on 01709 303330 or email by clicking on Apply.
Apply for Managing Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly