Head of FP&A
Partner Financial is retained by a Private Equity backed property firm who are in the process of creating a scalable platform to drive growth and long-term shareholder returns in the UK market. The business has succeeded in delivering ‘proof of concept’ and as such is now going through a scaling of the business and its operations. The firm is Headquartered in London, but has existing interests throughout the UK, this ‘footprint’ will expand considerably over the next 2-3 year cycle, as part of a £bn+ investment programme with the JV partner.
This is a newly created position reporting directly to the UK based Group CFO and will be a key member of the management structure, not just creating a FP&A blueprint, but also supporting the CFO and wider leadership and operational teams across the UK.
- Understanding the future demands of a PE backed business’s interests in understanding the performance of a major UK investment;
- Creating an FP&A blueprint that supports growth, creating meaningful insight for management and investment decisions;
- Leading and taking responsibility for exacting insight to financial performance and enterprise value;
- Designing, creating and delivering a full suite of management reports that are future proofed for a business that will be growing in scale and complexity, adding considerable value to the balance sheet in a short timeframe and to foresee the likely demands of a PE firm;
- Supporting your peers in the finance operation to ensure that the ‘team’ aspect of finance is fully realised and as such an individual must possess an understanding of how a finance function operates from the ground up, along with a positive attitude should ad hoc tasks below the salary grade require someone to be hands on;
- Providing structure and management for other members of the finance operation regardless of the reporting line;
- Speaking freely about investment decisions and business cases, contributing to the decisions that need to be put forward for Board approval by the Group CFO.
Individuals with evidenced success in creating an FP&A function for a growing business is paramount, expertise in property and a PE environment will be supportive of an application and in preparation for hitting the ground running. Additional experience of practice and running other aspects of a best in class finance function will also be useful.
Questions in confidence and potential interest can be directed to Josh Edmunds. We will be contacting candidates with the closest match to the client’s selection criteria within ten days of application to arrange an initial meeting. If you have not heard from us within these timescales, thank you for your interest but please consider your application unsuccessful on this occasion.