Financial Planning Manager
My client is a £100m + T/o P/E owned entrepreneurial business operating in the food manufacture, wholesale and retail sectors. The core business is the manufacture of premium specialised products to most of the UK’s leading restaurant and leisure outlets, in addition the business has a rapidly expanding retail business.
The business is highly successful and rapidly expanding, the recently appointed CFO now seeks an ambitious, driven Financial Planning Manager to lead a small team.
Key purpose of the Role
Provide insightful and timely support to all levels of the business from the board room to the factory and shop floor.
Reporting to the Group Financial Controller this is a key role in the finance department. Key areas of responsibility include:
- Co-ordination and development of a team of three analysts
- Provision of useful information (not reams of data!) to stakeholders in the Wholesale and Retail businesses
- Working with external consultants to assist in the development of information systems that support the provision of sound data fundamentals
- Development of a labour model in the retail business to assist in ensuring right hours are in the right place at the right time
- Work on a stock ordering system (with third party consultants) to facilitate improved availability and wastage management in the retail business
- Coaching, training and support of non-finance teams across the business in information management and business processes
- Provide support around key decisions (‘live’ examples include a potential bakery acquisition, new retail site acquisitions and a multi-million pound extension to existing bakery facilities)
- Play a lead role in the Business Planning and annual budgeting process
- Bright, determined and down-to-earth the successful candidate will be keen to work with all levels in the business and able to demonstrate an ability to build relationships outside of the finance department
- Experience gained in a ‘real’ business working with stakeholders outside of finance; preferably in a multi-site consumer facing environment
- Qualified accountant (likely CIMA or ACCA)
- Ambitious and eager to progress their career to the next level
Send your CV now.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
CMC Consulting is committed to equal opportunities. We do our best to ensure that the wording used in our job vacancies does not discriminate against any individual in any way. Please contact us if you feel that this is not the case.