Group HSE Manager
DCC has partnered with Robert Walters to recruit a Group HSE Manager to join the business in a role covering its European sites.
DCC plc, a FTSE 100 company, is a leading international sales, marketing, and support services group, operating across four Divisions - LPG, Retail & Oil, Healthcare and Technology.
We are headquartered in Dublin with a market capitalisation of c.£6.4 billion. In the financial year ended 31 March 2018, DCC had revenues of £14.3 billion and operating profits of £383.4 million. DCC has an excellent record, delivering compound annual growth of 14% in operating profit and generating an average return on capital employed of approximately 17.5% over 24 years as a public company. We currently employ approximately 11,000 people in 15 countries.
DCC is seeking to recruit an ambitious, driven and very capable Group HSE Manager. This is a very exciting role for a commercially minded professional who will appreciate the opportunity to work with senior management to implement Group initiatives and contribute to Group HSE strategy.
This position will report to the Head of Group Sustainability and will work closely with the HSE teams in our businesses. The role will require extensive travel across our businesses supporting collaboration and communication activities to develop standards, share good practice and learn from events
Purpose of the Role
Working with the Head of Group Sustainability the key areas of responsibility will be:
- Develop and implement key HSE projects, including safety culture and learning from events.
- Provide direct HSE support for businesses and DCC's HSE Working Groups
- Participate in due diligence and integration of Group HSE requirements into new acquisitions
- Complete Group HSE audits of individual businesses
- Identify and evaluate innovative and emerging HSE approaches and opportunities for DCC
- Contribute ideas and challenge current thinking
- Health & Safety professional qualification or equivalent
- Substantial experience of developing and implementing HSE initiatives in energy or other regulated industry (e.g. aviation, chemical, construction)
- Substantial experience in incident investigation, human factors and the use of related tools and techniques
- Proven ability, and clear evidence of success within previous roles
- Experience of successfully operating internationally and/or in a geographically dispersed business
- Demonstrable innovative approaches to continually improving safety performance
The ideal candidate will be:
- Innovative and challenge the status quo
- Ambitious, with excellent execution skills
- Adaptable and resilient in an international/ cross-cultural organization
- An affinity with a decentralised, lean head office environment is important.
- First class communication and influencing skills at all organisational levels
- Strong team orientation - works best as part of a team and derives satisfaction from team success.
Click below to apply, or please contact +44 (0)161 240 7453 for more information about this opportunity.
All 3rd party CVs will be managed by Robert Walters.