Chief Finance & Risk Officer
Chief Finance & Risk Officer
Financial Services, SE England
Our client is one of the leading providers of insurance products to vehicle manufacturers and retailers across the UK (plus Europe and ME). Working with motor manufacturers, dealer groups and independent vehicle retailers, the business has a firmly established brand and hard-earned reputation for providing a range of award-winning products and services. Adopting a partnership-led approach to the market, they develop product portfolios and programmes which enable their clients to protect hundreds of thousands of motorists. From product training to integrated, web-based business processing and full FCA compliance, the business has become a trusted brand in their market place and is well positioned to achieve their goal of becoming market leader.
With the business now set to execute the board’s longer-term strategy, a first-rate Chief Finance & Risk Officer is now required to join a dynamic executive team. You will work closely with the CEO, leading the Finance & Risk functions as the business grows within a complex risk environment. You will develop and implement ‘best in class’ financial and risk strategies and processes to meet strategic requirements, extending risk-based decision-making throughout the business. You will ensure that Finance & Risk are core to the business’ market-offering, providing competitive advantage through excellence in the provision of cost-effective, compliant processes and practices.
You will be an ambitious FD / CFO with a relevant background in Financial Services or similar, regulated businesses. You will also have practical risk, compliance & audit management experience and ideally an understanding of the practical and technical requirements of FCA regulation. This is an exciting opportunity for the right individual seeking a key role in a growing services business with a clear vision of where it wants to be within its chosen market.
Job Title: Chief Financial & Risk Officer
Reports to: CEO
Reports: Finance & Risk Teams (c40 FTE).
- Provide the board and key stakeholders with high quality financial, risk & compliance management information
- Establish and implement a comprehensive enterprise risk management framework for all internal & external risks
- Lead the management & design of appropriate compliance policies, procedures and practices in all operational areas
- Provide up to date technical financial, compliance & risk management advice at all levels within the business
- Directly support business growth by supporting and assessing commercial new business proposals and tenders
- Lead the budgeting process, co-ordinating departmental input and informing investment and other strategic decisions
- Deliver data compliance, ensuring that effective controls are in place and providing assurance on regulatory standards
Package: Six-figure salary + executive bonus & benefits package
Location: SE England
- Experienced CFO / FD with Risk experience and a background in Financial Services or similar, regulated businesses
- ‘Hands on’ and practical Risk, Compliance & Audit management experience, and ideally in FCA regulated settings
- Commercial, with services business experience and used to contributing directly to business growth
- Can demonstrate a track record of managing stakeholder expectations as part of a small, practical exec team
- Experience of designing and implementing compliance & risk management policies and processes
- Excellent people and team leadership skills, able to develop future leaders in a fast-moving, dynamic business
Applications are invited by Friday 28 Sept.
For a confidential exploratory discussion, please contact Paul Barron on 07949 299500