The Development Manager will be responsible for the delivery of approximately 300 units per annum with a budget of £45m, whilst project managing individual schemes, leading internal and external teams ensuring delivery is within budget and funding timeframes in compliance with external and internal procedures delivering high-quality products.
Our client is one of the country's largest housing association, 70,000+ homes nationwide. They are also a leading developer, with an aim to build 25,000 homes over ten years and a business for social purpose, with their charitable foundation.
The Development Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing schemes during the post contract phase, including the monitoring of consultants performance against agreed briefs, reporting on program and spend throughout the project
- Compiling reports for the recommendation of each individual scheme including acquisition of land, joint venture arrangements or section 106 acquisitions in accordance with internal procedures and standing order requirements
- Ensuring the effective and appropriate procurement methods are used in accordance with the group's internal procedure guide of probity in the appointment of consultants and contract execution
- Liaising with sales team to ensure a swift sales launch and timely sales completions
- Liaising with housing management to ensure a smooth handover
- Operating and contributing to the refinement of internal procedures and systems ensuring the integration of these procedures and systems with other areas of the business
- Monitoring the design development work to ensure compliance with the project brief and that the finished quality meets the organisation's expectations
- Coordinating, monitoring and reporting on construction issues, ensuring good communication with key stakeholders and keeping all relevant parties informed of progress
- Ensuring each project is completed with minimum defects and that the team participates In commissioning where appropriate
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Experience of managing significant development programmes including large regeneration schemes and extra care schemes
- Capability of working as a strategic partner with Homes England, local authorities, land owners and contractors
- Significant experience leading and managing a development or similar team
- Experience of preparing and presenting winning bids
Up to £65k in salary plus a £5k car allowance, benefits and bonus.