Incisive Financial Controller
Are you a hands-on, rigorous and focused Financial Controller?
The Client: Sutton Harbour Holdings Plc (www.sutton-harbour.co.uk), is an award-winning waterfront regeneration and destination creation specialist and is the AIM listed parent company to a number of subsidiary companies trading in the Plymouth area, including the Marina at Sutton Harbour, a number of waterfront property investments and Plymouth Fisheries. In early 2018, FB Investors LLP bought a majority stake in the business to develop a mix of activities for long-term sustainable growth and to provide a balanced risk profile.
They are currently seeking to recruit an incisive Financial Controller to bring together performance reporting whilst consolidating monthly and annual accounts in a timely, accurate and meaningful manner.
The Role: An exciting role, reporting to and supporting the Finance Director, this is a challenging and high profile role with diverse responsibilities which include:
- Lead role to record, control and analyse development/construction budgets and financing
- Prepare development project and construction project monthly financial reports
- Lead the preparation of quarterly management accounts
- Ensure all monthly controls and processes are followed highlighting any risks
- Provide strategic financial analysis and advice
- Maintain tight financial controls across the business
- Input into the preparation of annual budgets
- Performance monitoring and reporting
- Working capital management and analysing major growth and capital expenditure projects
- Development of business processes and management information systems
- Review of proposals and formulation of financial policies, targets and budgets
- Provide commercial guidance and financial support as a key member of the senior management team
- Resource management, allocation and development
The Candidate: Prospects will be qualified accountants with a proven track record of achievement in an SME environment. Process improvement is a key area of the role and candidates must be skilled at analysing business objectives and finding ways of streamlining and improving business processes. Previous exposure to the property construction and/or property development sectors would be advantageous and the successful candidate will have a financial and commercial focus, excellent motivational and communication skills and have the personal stature to influence up to Board level and represent the company externally.
If you are interested, please contact Tom O’Neill with a full CV, quoting ref 4524/INT.