Director - Health & Wellbeing
This position is with the expanding and successful, international, DPDHL Group, and we are offering an exceptional candidate a unique opportunity to become part of our global Insurance & Risk Management team based out of our London office in the UK. This is a fantastic opportunity to influence and guide Insurance & Risk Management implementation and strategy as we seek to deliver health and wellbeing solutions that materially impact the Group’s aims to achieve its 3 bottom lines: Employer of Choice, Provider of Choice and Investment of Choice. By collaborating with multiple stakeholders including Human Resources, Finance and Country Management, this highly visible role is vital to the successful reduction of the Group’s global healthcare spend while positively influencing the health and wellbeing of DHL’s employees and families.
Key Elements of the role include:
- Serve as a key active member of the Health & Wellbeing (H&W) management team, interacting with internal customers, network insurers and external vendors to ensure the highest standards of H&W are being promoted at the global, regional and country levels.
- Provide formal written advice on healthcare risks and collaboratively work with the regional/country HR teams to bring prevention and mitigation strategies targeted at identified primary claim drivers.
- Review, adjustment & approval of quarterly H&W achievement reports.
- Continued expansion of the H&W program to include non-participating entities.
- Participate in the country by country financial review with network insurers.
- Analyzing, interpreting and evaluating global claims and premium data in order to formulate and provide verbal and written advice, support and guidance to key stakeholders on H&W.
- Development/coordination of H&W mailings to H&W participants based on the WHO calendar and other important H&W related events, as applicable.
- Analyzing health exposures identified within ICD10 (or equivalent) data supplied by network insurers/external vendors, to formulate and convey wellbeing and disease management based advice.
- Contribute to strategic initiatives to help drive improvements and future direction of the H&W program by supporting the success of the internal stakeholders and influencing insurer network/external vendors H&W development capabilities.
- Acquire and maintain an understanding of the business, the internal stakeholders and their challenges to establish a clear vision for the health & engagement of employees aligning with business unit and corporate goals.
- Proactively establish internal stakeholder relationships across all business units within Germany, with a key focus on the HR Board members, Corporate Medical & Human Resources.
- Aid in the preparation of CSR related applications/documents (e.g. Dow Jones Sustainability Index).
- Coordinate and Manage the DPDHL Global Health Awards.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Healthcare or other closely related medical/healthcare fields
- Extensive H&W/Healthcare management experience or related insurance fields
- Strong background in project management, providing global, regional and country direction (written & verbal)
- Outstanding industry experience in at least one or more of the following: Pooling and/or captive financing of employee benefit cover, Employee Benefits Insurance cover, NGO’s related to health management, Healthcare/Provider management
- Excellent in written and spoken English, German will be an advantage
- Ability to network effectively within a demanding, culturally diverse, global matrix organization
- Commercial acumen and sensitivity to the demands and needs of DPDHL business colleagues and customers
This is a permanent role, and along with a very attractive benefits package, the salary will be in the range £80,000-£95,000pa.
Candidates who feel able to rise to meet these challenges should click apply now with an up to date CV.
DPDHL is committed to providing equality of opportunity for all employees. Furthermore we aim to ensure our workplaces are free from discrimination and that not only employees but also our potential future employees are treated fairly and with dignity and respect. We will ensure that equality of opportunity maintains a high profile in our organisation.
The posting date of this advertisement is the 5th September 2018
The closing date of this advertisement is the 3rd October 2018
Visit hays.co.uk/jobs/DHL for more information.