Operations Director based in Cheshire. Working for a market leading expanding manufacturing company.
Our client is an industry leading manufacturing company based in Cheshire, with ambitious growth plans for the future. The company will move into a brand new purpose built factory in the next 12 months.
Reporting to the managing director and working closely with the finance director you are a commercially astute hands on operations director with a track record of achieving business performance results and improvements in similar sectors.
- You will ensure the factory efficiently and cost effectively meets our customer demands on time.
- Work closely with the joint managing directors and finance director to ensure company financial performance targets are met.
- You will lead and direct a production workforce of circa 150 people currently, across a multiple shift system, including managers and supervisors, across the different production functions from production planning through to final product inspection.
- You will ensure we have a fast and effective transition of our production functions to our new site.
- You will drive a programme of continual improvement, driving unit production cost down whilst ensuring high quality products are consistently produced.
- Drive ongoing improvement of the skills and performance of our production team, from apprentices to production managers.
- Work closely with our Safety Health and Environment (SHE) Manager to ensure we operate in a safe way, and that we operate a strong H&S culture.
- You will be target driven, and able to demonstrate a strong track record of successful past performance and delivery of results in a senior manufacturing role.
- A very effective communicator at director and shop floor level.
- A hands on approach, and ability to lead and motivate by example.
- Drive, energy and enthusiasm
- Commercial and financially astute
- Strong leadership and team development skills
- Knowledge of fabrication, automotive, bodywork assembly techniques are an advantage, along with lean manufacturing and continual improvement experience which is essential for this role.
The package will include a substantial base salary plus benefits