Non Executive Chair
Cambridgeshire with regional travel
LGSS Law Limited is a successful and highly regarded law firm specialising in the public and not for profit sectors. Successfully pursuing a growth strategy that will see turnover surpass £10 million in 2018, the firm is now seeking to appoint its first Non-Executive Chair, a critical post that will lead the Board of Directors, oversee the Board’s operation and the interaction of the directors and shareholder representatives. Under your leadership, LGSS Law will develop as an efficient, effective and profitable company able to facilitate and underpin accelerating growth and successful longer term business development.
As Chair you will:
- Lead the board, set its agenda and ensure it is an effective working group at the head of the company
- Act as a mentor and sounding board for the Executive Directors (for whom the Chair
- holds line reporting responsibility), providing advice and support around strategic planning and risk mitigation
- Ensure the appropriate flow of relevant information to the Board and review the adequacy and timing of materials provided to the Board
- Foster effective working relationships amongst the Board members and serve as principal liaison between the Non-Executive Directors and shareholder representatives
As the first Chair for LGSS Law Limited, it is likely that the time commitment will be higher in the first period of the Chair’s tenure than in the longer term. It is expected that up to 3 days per week could be required in the short term, reducing to 3-4 days per month as needs dictate.
We are looking for an experienced and accomplished business leader with a good understanding of the governance of limited companies. You must be a persuasive communicator and team builder and possess experience of leading corporate projects and a track record of operating at director level. Experience as Chair of a Board would be desirable although we would also be very interested in hearing from candidates with extensive governance experience developed in other ways, for example as Chair of a committee or other body.
For further information or to apply please visit hays.co.uk/jobs/lgss-law.
For an informal and confidential discussion, contact Mark Bearn of HAYS Executive T 0207 259 8743