Head of Finance Transformation
Head of Finance Transformation - 7 months up to £1k pd
This is a varied and challenging role for a senior finance professional who is able to work independently and can critically evaluate process and systems to deliver step change improvements.
Phase 1 Job spec initial first 2 months:
- Review operating practices to ensure resource is being deployed for maximum value whilst ensuring robust control framework is maintained
- Ensure reporting is being produced efficiently, is relevant and can be produced to timetable
- Review E1 systems and consider whether still is relevant to group
- Could a simpler more modern system be better?
For clarification this is not a headcount reduction exercise - more of an optimisation project of a mature well established finance function, which could benefit from an external assessment of its systems and reporting practices.
- A comprehensive review of the reports produced and where changes are required new reports developments.
- A full assessment of E1 as a finance system.
If both parties were happy with this engagement then they would expect to move onto Phase 2 depending on acquisition of another group pending Government approval.
Phase 2 Job spec up to 5 months:
- Assessing strengths and weaknesses of existing finance team of other group
- Day 1 implementation of cash controls and short term 16 week cash forecasting
- Planning and implementing a move away from the recently implemented finance systems of the other group in question onto legacy systems - this is the key component of the role
- Assessing existing control framework and performing a gap analysis
- Assisting Director of Finance in planning move of transactional finance functions
- Establishing reporting suite
- Detailed experience of finance systems implementations
- Ability to roll sleeves up to reconcile data
- Gravitas to engage with senior stakeholders and present fair updates of progress
For more information, please contact Mo Hanslod at Robert Walters.