Head of Finance
My client is a market leading, international e-commerce and logistics business with a well-known brand and incredible growth story. Following a consolidation of its supply chain, we are looking for a proven Financial Controller to take financial responsibility for its distribution division, reporting directly into the Group’s Finance Director.
Operating in numerous international markets, this listed business is highly profitable and cash rich with significant investment plans, having grown rapidly in recent years both organically and through acquisition.
Based in Manchester/Lancashire, this is a high-profile role within the Group’s Finance team and will be a divisional finance leader with £100m P&L responsibility, providing the opportunity to support and influence the business as part of the senior management team. This position provides a fantastic opportunity to join a fast paced and growing business as it continues to expand globally.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Management of the finance team - Responsibility for a finance function of 6 staff (qualified, part qualified and analytical staff).
- Monthly management reporting - Ownership of month end and year end process for the division in line with central timetables, implementing and managing accounting controls and procedures ensuring a culture of continuous improvement.
- Financial analysis - Providing oversight of performance initiatives, monthly reporting packs, business reviews, weekly P&L reports and other ad hoc projects. Ensuring that the finance function provides insightful monthly internal reporting, to accurately explain performance, resource utilisation, initiatives, KPI movements and progress across the business.
- External Financial reporting - Key point of contact for Group PLC team. Overseeing all tax and regulatory issues with support from the Group PLC team. Assist the Group team with any financial reporting requirements or projects. Ownership of external reporting to external stakeholders, including the auditors and lending base. Ownership of the quarterly group finance review pack.
- Budgeting and forecasting - Leading budget and quarterly forecasting process, working with the business and central team to understand the risks and opportunities within the plans.
- Project Management – Provide finance insight and support to the projects teams on major projects.
- Stakeholder Management – Act as the key business partner to operational directors and develop a strong working relationship with the group finance team.
The Person - Key Attributes:
- We are ideally looking qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with extensive experience in a Financial Reporting and Control focused role, but just as importantly is able to effectively partner with the business to drive improvements in perfomance.
- Candidates must be highly driven and ambitious, possessing proven stakeholder management experience with an ability to manage and influence senior stakeholders, to apply financial knowledge to commercial and operational areas.
- Applicants must also have strong technical accounting skills (IFRS) and analytical skills with attention to detail are an absolute must,
This is an outstanding opportunity to take on a broad and varied Head of Finance role in a business with great growth story and at a really exciting time of change and progress. This role would be an ideal stepping stone for an ambitious candidate with a medium-term aspiration to get to Finance Director level.