Group Financial Controller
Axon Moore is exclusively representing the Group Finance Director of a high growth business in the health and wellbeing sector, backed by a high net-worth individual, as they look to appoint a deputy to the Finance Director as Group Financial Controller. The Group Financial Controller will work closely with the Divisional Managing Directors within the Group, acting as a business partner alongside the Group’s CEO and Finance Director.
A key component of this role will be to provide commercial insight with responsibility for performance reporting and will require a “hands on” approach and the adaptability to respond to regular project work driven by positive business transformation. However, despite the dynamic and fluid nature of the role, ongoing responsibilities will include:
- Managing the finance team on a day to day basis (5 FTE – growing to 10)
- Reviewing the month end management accounts
- Preparing the Board packs and shareholder/stakeholder communication
- KPI analysis and commentary of performance against budget
- Statutory accounts and tax return preparation
- External audit liaison
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Profit and loss forecasting
- Management information and KPIs
- Analysis and advice to management team
- Cash flow forecasting, analysis and budgeting
- Maintenance of finance procedures manual
- Contribute to improving current processes and systems
The successful candidate will be required to work strategically with senior stakeholders whilst also being keen to be across the detail, developing a strong understanding of the individual businesses within the portfolio.
The role provides the opportunity for the successful candidate to evolve and grow with the company under the mentorship of a high-calibre Finance Director, with ever increasing responsibility. Given the broad responsibility, close collaboration with the executive team and exponential growth the job could be a key stepping stone to a director level role in the near future.
With these factors in mind, the role will suit a high calibre, ambitious, adaptable and entrepreneurial accountant (ACA – significant PQE) who is on an upwards trajectory in their career and is seeking an opportunity to be part of a business success story. It is essential that the successful candidate is looking to drive value creation in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment.