Senior Group Financial Controller
Our client is a mining business headquartered in Mayfair in London and they are seeking the addition of a Senior Group Financial Controller to join them as they continue to grow.
Reporting to the CFO, this is a high profile position that will be responsible of driving the business forward whilst also helping get the group ready for an IPO in 2019.
The key responsibilities include:
- Management of UK finance team
- Responsible for delivering Group monthly management accounts and annual statutory accounts on time and to a high quality
- Oversight of ERP implementation and management of IT function
- Preparation of Audit Committee reports, including variance analysis, risk management etc.
- Oversight of cost control, budgeting and reforecasting - including establishing tools and procedures to ensure accurate cash forecasting and debt compliance models
- Review and challenge output from site and HO
- Implementation of operational controls and procedures
- Treasury management - ensure all payments follow due process and paid on time and there is a weekly / fortnightly cash forecast process to manage working capital
- Review of complex accounting entries re revenue recognition and freight
- Input to investor relations presentations - including analysis of operating costs and variances. Identify where savings can be made and implement
- Management of banking relationships, with a view to refinance the senior debt
If this is something of interest then please do get in touch for more information.
The successful candidate will be a qualified accountant with significant experience in the extractive sector. You will be detailed and very comfortable with financial modelling on excel (but not making things overly complex. You will also need a detailed understanding (and application) of accounting policies suitable for an operational mine - including inventory management etc.