Director of IT
- Director of IT
- Lead and develop IT infrastructure, services and solutions
About Our Client
Michael Page Technology have been exclusively retained by Catalyst Housing for the executive search for a Director of IT.
We are one of the UK's leading housing associations - a member of the G15 group, with over 21,000 homes in London and the South East.
We also work hard to be a great employer, we're proud to be a Sunday Times Top 100 Best Company. We also aim to deliver an outstanding customer experience and to be a high-performance business. We are absolutely committed to our social purpose, in every part of our organisation. And we always seek to do better.
We also work hard to be a great employer, to deliver outstanding customer service and to be a high-performance business. We are absolutely committed to our social purpose, in every part of our organisation. And we always seek to do better.
Director of IT - London, Ealing Gateway
Reporting to the Chief Operating Officer, the Director of IT has overall responsibility for establishing and maintaining a robust and enabling IT infrastructure. With a remit spanning all IT services, you will utilise your technical expertise, strategic mind-set and leadership skills to deliver the highest standard of support and the technical solutions to strategy delivery.
The Director of IT will work in true partnership with senior peers to build ideas and deliver strategic solutions, bringing current and practical knowledge to ensure we arrive at the best solutions speedily, but having considered all the right things. You will provide leadership, direction and challenge to create a culture of high performance and efficiency, continual improvement, innovation and customer focus.
Director of IT Key Responsibilities:
- Lead the development of the multi-year IT strategy and roadmap - translated into clear annual plans and budgets; ensuring that it reflects Catalyst's business strategy and priorities. And, of course, ensure it gets delivered.
- Inform business strategies, and in particular the Customer Experience strategy and priorities, to ensure that the application of technologies and digital access is maximized and embedded in the design and delivery. Provide IT services that are collaborative and customer focused, involving colleagues and stakeholders from the outset.
- Protect Catalyst from cyber and information security risks, ensuring the organisation is alert and doing all it can to develop a culture of awareness of the risks, and adherence to information security policies and processes.
- Provide strategic direction and oversight for the design, development, operation and support of IT systems and programmes including architecture management, application management, data and information management, information security and risk management, and infrastructure and operations support management.
- Lead us on our digital journey, demonstrating the art of the possible through your digital expertise, technical 'know how' and ability to execute digital strategies. Design and execute a digital workplace strategy that ensures employees have the tools and work environment to be more engaged, productive and effective.
- Develop and effectively control operating and capital expenditure budgets for IT to ensure they are consistent with overall strategic objectives, including a clear business case for investment covering cost, performance, support and future business needs.
- Establish a clear measurement framework which shows the performance of IT with respect to core operational KPI's, customer satisfaction and Value for Money.
- Act as true partner to the business - both in your dealings with colleagues and the culture you create in the team, to ensure IT is seen as a proactive and energetic enabler.
The Successful Applicant:
- Accomplished Director of IT / Technology who has managed managers with teams underneath (45+ People) Worked on large corporate / IT Transformations.
- An energetic and inspiring leader, you'll have a strong track record of delivering industry leading IT solutions and service. Your credentials and experience give you the ability to establish immediate credibility at all levels, inside and outside the organisation.
- A digital background that covers strategy and implementation - demonstrating your ability to take us on our digital journey. In particular, to lead us through a successful CRM implementation, experience of your success in doing this elsewhere will be a must.
- Confident in managing, motivating, and developing the IT function. Ensure the organisational structure, capability and talent is appropriate for supporting our current and future business needs.
- A true team player, with a collaborative working style that demonstrates how you work with colleagues to agree strategies and devise technical solutions.
- Experience in running first class IT operations. Your experience will mean that you know the resources, expertise and structures it takes to run an efficient high performing IT function with an engaged, energetic and customer-focused culture.
- Experience and technical understanding of business systems similar to ours - not necessarily precisely, but technical understanding of the systems you lead will be critical.
- Your exceptional communication skills will enable to you inform and influence at all levels; that means ensuring that our vision and expectations are lived and breathed throughout your teams and that colleagues from the Executive Team to the front line are fully engaged in IT plans and progress.
- Financially astute with a strong commercial focus applied within a large organisation and expertise in budget planning and financial management (+£10m) spread across CAPEX & OPEX
What's on Offer
£100k to £120k + package
Ref Code: MPFE13939544Z