- Newly-created number 2 Finance Manager role
- First class law firm with commitment to work/life balance
About Our Client
My client is a commercial law firm whose reputation in the market exceeds their size. The calibre of their fee-earning and support staff is second to none with many having joined from magic and silver circle firms. As a result, they are an established provider to FTSE, national, and international businesses. Whilst having a professional approach and an environment centred on delivering high quality service they combine this with a strong commitment to work-life balance for all employees. Following a sustained period of growth the Finance Director is recruiting for a newly-created Finance Manager role which will be based in the City of London.
As the Finance Manager you will be supported part-time by a junior accounts assistant and report directly to the Finance Director. You will be tasked with day-to-day running of the accounts function and have the opportunity to support on a number of upcoming projects.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts (oversight of processing) and production of the management pack for partners and board members;
- Drafting quarterly reporting pack with performance analysis for partners and banks;
- Monitoring of key spend areas and undertaking analysis vs budget for discussion with key budget holders;
- Review and analysis of cash-flow with analysis vs budget and rolling forecast;
- Lead role as point of contact for the auditors at year end and key role in preparation of annual report;
- Preparation of partnership tax reporting as well as partner and staff commission payments;
- Support the annual budget and forecast process for the firm;
- Potential projects include: systems assessment, selection, and implementation process; development/design of the MI packs for senior management; support the Finance Director with outsourced IT contract; ad hoc analysis as requested by partners.
The Successful Applicant
As a strong applicant for this Finance Manager position you will:
- Be a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with a strong academic profile;
- Possess a solid understanding of a law firm model/environment (previous sector experience is advantageous);
- Have proven excel skills and a good level of systems literacy (law firm practice management systems are advantageous - e.g. Aderant);
- Demonstrate a background in leading monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting processes and show the ability to develop MI for senior management;
- Have excellent interpersonal skills to build relationships at all levels internally and externally with key stakeholders;
- Be comfortable working autonomously and show a clear ability to manage your own workload and deadlines.
What's on Offer
The offer to the successful candidate will be between £55,000-£60,000 depending on experience plus benefits including: GPP matched to 5% under salary sacrifice, Group Income Protection, Life Cover to three times salary, PMI (non-contributory) after 12 months, Season Ticket Loan after three months. You will also join an environment which will provide an excellent opportunity to gain exposure to senior management, lead on projects, and establish yourself in a number 2 role. The firm is committed to the development of all its employees and will support you with your career ambitions.
Ref Code: MPFE13945166Z