5 days left
Lodge Brothers has been arranging funerals for over 200 years and is a seventh generation family business deeply etched into London and the Home Counties communities.
We offer unrivalled experience in assisting families with funerals, offering a professional and personal service that our clients have come to trust.
The business has expanded significantly over the years and is now made up of 160 employees and 41 branches; we aim to continue this growth with the intention to open two new branches per year. We have also made a significant investment in and progress to our processes, additional services, and people.
We understand that organising a funeral can seem like a daunting task, especially when we find ourselves having to make difficult decisions at a time of loss and bereavement, when we feel least able to manage. Our core objective is to deliver the highest possible standards of care in line with our corporate ethos.
We are looking to appoint an experienced and inspirational Commercial Director who will be a key member of our senior team. This role is new to Lodge Brothers and offers a unique opportunity to continue to grow and develop the business, ensuring that the day to day operations are performed in line with our strategic objectives.
The purpose of the role is to lead your sites and teams to deliver exceptional customer service, performance through financial accountability, high levels of engagement, consistently great contribution and team development. Our ideal candidate will act proactively, plan and achieve long term goals and be an ambassador of our brand.
- The primary responsibility is for the delivery and performance of a team of District Managers to ensure that funeral related activities run effectively and to highest of standards.
- Effectively manage the District Managers and their associated Funeral Arrangers, in order to drive the performance and efficiency of the branches whilst maintaining the company’s excellent reputation.
- Provide clear leadership through effective communication whilst providing your teams with a stimulating and supportive environment
- Contribute strategically to the continuous expansion of retail opportunities by developing insights into the external market forces, competition and consumers
- Formulate the strategic planning of the districts in terms of business development, marketing and sales opportunities
- Engender a strong, professional and considered working relationship with both direct reports and the Board of Directors
- Significant senior operational experience in a commercial setting with a proven track record of delivering growth in a mature industry
- A strategic thinker with the ability to translate that into operational activity
- Background in high customer touch, relationship selling environments
- The ability to lead, motivate and develop employees; a team player who builds cohesive teams.
- A straightforward communicator who quickly establishes rapport and trust.
- Strong work ethic and values driven individual with high energy levels
For further information and details on how to apply, please click "Apply".
For an informal and confidential discussion, please speak with our advisors at Berwick Partners; Aemilia Lovatt on 0207 518 2690.
Closing date for applications: Midday 28th September 2018