Managing Director in Chesterfield. This is a truly unique opportunity to join a diverse and well established, award-winning business. NT Killingley is leading the future of earthworks, landscaping and grounds maintenance with the ability to cover the full spectrum of commercial and non-commercial construction projects. The role offers a genuine pathway to becoming a major shareholder in the business.
The company is presently embarking on the next exciting phase of their development and is looking for a commercially aware and enthusiastic Managing Director to lead and direct the work of the company through the next stage of its development.
- Produce an annual Business Plan in conjunction with the other Company Directors, with a 1 to 5 year outlook.
- Ensure that the three operating divisions, Earthworks, Soft Landscape and Hard Landscape deliver their gross profit targets, and that overheads are controlled such that a Company target net profit is returned. Ensuring that the departments work as harmoniously as possible.
- Ensure that high productivity on site is a focus throughout the company.
- Direct, lead and motivate the company to achieve its best possible work and profits.
- Monitor levels of orders and enquiries across the company to ensure a steady stream of work.
- Develop customer relationships to help achieve the above.
- Plan and approve new capital equipment purchases.
- Approve new staff recruitment.
- Monitor cash flow and act to ensure liquidity is maintained.
- Arrange finance and borrowing.
- Coach Directors, Contract Managers and Site Managers to be effective leaders.
- Ensure that the Company Values are displayed at all times by all staff.
- Direct the overall Health and Safety strategy and auditing sites to ensure that H&S Plans are in place and being properly enacted.
- Pursue non-payers and choosing the most appropriate legal recourse.
- Chair and direct monthly Directors Meetings.
- Approve payment runs (in conjunction with the Operations Director).
- Carrying out weekly site visits to check organisation, productivity and to motivate staff on site.
Experience should ideally include:
- Proven commercial background in Civil Engineering, ground works or earth works.
- Previous experience operating at Board level.
- Experience of reviewing commercial contracts.
- Be capable of working within a similar sized business as opposed to a large corporate.
- Strong strategic background and leader who can maximise market opportunities.
- Financial acumen.
- Good hands on manager who will allow the people in the business to work autonomously while still giving strong leadership and structure.
Qualifications should ideally include:
- Degree level educated or equivalent.
Personality traits should ideally include:
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Conceptual and analytical skills.
- Clear leadership skills, with the gravitas and drive to inspire and motivate.
- Positive attitude and spirit.
- Strong developmental leadership to empower others in the business.
- Team player.
£90,000 - £120,000 + benefits + opportunity to be part of a future planned MBO.
This role is being exclusively recruited for by Brewster McBride, part of the Brewster Pratap Recruitment Group on a retained basis. Any direct or 3rd party applications for the role will be forwarded on to Brewster McBride.