- An opportunity has arisen to join a growing multi-site construction business.
- A great career prospect for a commercial individual to join the senior team.
About Our Client
Our client operates in the world of construction, focusing on development, built assets and sustainability. They have a reputation for integrity and delivering work of the very highest quality.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of the firm's accounting records including maintenance of appropriate controls and undertaking reconciliations to supporting ledgers.
- Prepare, manage and maintain accurate and timely records of partner current accounts, tax reserves and capital position, and prepare full bi-monthly and quarterly financial statements for the Executive and equity partners. Liaise as required with the partners' tax advisors in order to verify tax reserves and deal with the biannual tax payments to HMRC. Liaison with the firm's bankers to handle payments and the flow of partner capital funds and related loan arrangements.
- Prepare quarterly and annual management accounts with supporting information and oversee the related external audit review on behalf of the firm. Maintain the ongoing reconciliation between the firm's management accounts, statutory accounts and partnership accounts.
- Provide summary monthly and detail quarterly financial management reports for Partners, including fee projection, cash flow, debtors, actual at time of reporting and projected year end profit dashboards, and address fee allocation enquiries/corrections.
- Offer assistance to manage budgets and expenditure and help Partners with accurate budgeting and forecasting responsibilities.
- In conjunction with tax advisors, ensure the firm complies with all tax requirements and submissions which include the quarterly VAT return and EU requirements, the annual partnership computation and the PAYE settlement agreement.
- In conjunction with HR, ensure the monthly payroll is accurate (payroll is outsourced), recorded correctly in management reports and related balance control accounts are cleared down.
- Co-ordinate and oversee the day to day work performed by a small Accounts team. Responsibilities include managing, coaching, mentoring and driving their performance.
- Liaise with and support the Accounts team and Fee recovery admin staff across the offices, deal with escalated queries and undertake additional ad hoc projects where required.
- Regularly liaise and report to the Managing Partner, in preparing and presenting all financial information at meetings with partners or other fee earners.
- Assist with the strategy and smooth running of the overall Accounts department which includes looking for opportunities to improve electronic processes, proactively engaging with change and streamlining projects to deliver those improvements to the wider business.
- Continue the implementation of a new Project Accounting programme across the business, including liaison with external software developers and trainers.
The Successful Applicant:
- Qualified Finance Professional - ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Robust Excel and Sage skills
- Must have experience in leading a systems implementation
- Strong technical accounting experience
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Experience in being a confident and efficient communicator both verbal and written
- Must have experience in managing, developing and positively engaging staff / teams
What's on Offer
£60,000 - £70,000 + Bonus + Pension + 25 days holiday
Ref Code: MPFE13939401Z
Apply for Finance Controller
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly