Senior Finance Manager
Currently exclusively recruiting for a Senior Finance Manager to join a multi national leading supply chain entity based in Bedford. With impressive growth through acquisitions this year, this role will suit a candidate who enjoys and has experience within a fast paced changing PLC environment.
The purpose of the Senior Finance Manager is to ensure that all aspects of the finance function for our core and open book business are monitored and developed to meet the growth and profitability goals of the business in a changing environment. Responsibilities include leading the preparation of rolling forecasts and budgets, accurate and timely reporting of financial information for management, and advice to the business on financial matters to improve commercial and operational decisions and processes. In addition, the role includes partnering the Finance Director and other directors by providing strategic input for large scale project related decisions.
Key Responsibilities / Outputs:
- Manage and develop a mid-size team of finance professionals both qualified and non-qualified, focusing on the development of the team's overall commercial and operational acumen and analytical skills
- Drive improvements in finance team processes, management reporting, and pricing for greater effectiveness
- Business partner operational directors to improve top and bottom line profits for all commercial contracts
- Manage all financial aspects of a portfolio of contracts
- Proactively partner the Finance Director and business management to optimise profitability and working capital
- Lead the preparation of client profitability analysis
- Lead the preparation of forecasts and budgets to include the improvement of the financial models
- Lead the preparation of monthly budget & forecast variance analysis
- Track and report on cost improvement initiatives
- Lead the preparation and tracking of capital investment requests
- Lead the preparation of management reports
- Lead and/or contribute to ad hoc projects as they arise, including continuous improvement in financial processes.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA), Significant PQE industry experience, preferably with a global FMCG firm
- Previous experience working with Oracle or similar ERP technology
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to effectively communicate recommendations using Excel, Powerpoint, and MS Word
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills
- Ability to work on his/her own initiative
- Team player and ability to develop and manage a team
- Ability to multi-task and to handle conflicting and tight deadlines
- Experience of working with senior stakeholders
- SQL database exposure
If this could be you or anyone in your network feel free to apply below or conversely give me a call on 01908044012.