Joint CEO - Membership & Marketing
With a heritage spanning 150 years, today's multi-award winning East of England Cooperative is the largest independent retailer operating in the region employing 4,500 colleagues across a diverse commercial business portfolio. With strong ethical principles, the organisation remains buoyant, by doing business the right way, generating a turnover of £353.6m and a profit of £4.4m, despite the UK's trading challenges within the retail sector. Members and local communities share in their success, with a proportion of profits being paid back to members as dividends, along with investment into local communities and good causes.
The business has firmly demonstrated how small things make a big difference and the last year has been one of achievement, reflecting their core value of being a business that is for people and communities, not just for profit. The business is strategically led by a Board of 16 elected Directors and a collegiate Leadership team of five joint CEO's, holding five key Executive posts of Finance, Retail, Property, HR and Membership / Marketing.
The society is seeking an exceptional individual to join the collegiate Leadership team, working in equal collaboration with the other four Joint CEO's and reporting to a Board of Directors.
- Joint leadership responsibility for the development and delivery of the Society's overall strategy, purpose and vision, with specific focus on marketing, membership, community and communications
- Drive sales and profitability, grow active membership, promote the Co-operatives values and principles and meet the social, education and community goals on behalf of the Membership
- Selection, implementation and roll out of a new CRM system
- Grow and diversify the membership, developing the communication and engagement strategy with existing members
- Lead and develop a team of colleagues across the marketing and membership team
- Maintain a strategic relationship with retail to ensure marketing meets business needs
- Ensure the Brand continues to evolve and is embedded in all the Society's activities
- Develop external relationships across the regions business community and wider Co-op movement by representing the brand with passion, authenticity and energy
This is a unique opportunity to lead a very successful, highly respected brand working as a Joint CEO within a leadership team that is passionate about their organisation and the communities it serves. We are looking for:
- Depth of strategic marketing and communications experience gained within a multi-faceted employer. Retail sector preferable
- Experience of a membership organisation, or a brand with a strong loyalty scheme or customer community'
- Experience of developing a brand
- A collegiate, inclusive leadership style with exceptional communication and listening skills to successfully integrate into the existing leadership team and to gain the confidence of the Board
- Experience of CRM, using it to drive customer engagement, insight, sales and increased sales and relevant marketing
- Commercially driven, highly innovative and a champion for change, whilst demonstrating empathy and alignment to the values and principles of the Co-operative
The East of England Co-operative is an equal opportunities employer. They celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all colleagues. They are forward looking and embrace flexibility and are therefore open to consider flexible working arrangements provided they meet the organisation's needs.
For more information regarding the East of England Co-operative and the role please visit: https://eastofenglandcoop.prs.uk.com/