Non-Executive Director (Clinical)
7 days left
Rated as ‘Outstanding’ in the Care Quality Commission review, the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust is a highly regarded district general hospital foundation trust. With a turnover of over £345m, employing over 5,000 staff and delivering care from 5 locations, we provide acute medical and surgical services to a population of 500,000 patients in Reading, Wokingham and West Berkshire and specialist services to a wider population of 1 million across Berkshire and its borders.
We are a designated specialist centre in cancer, bariatric care, heart attack and stroke and have many things to be proud of, including the fact that heart attack patients arriving at the Hospital are receiving the fastest lifesaving treatment anywhere in the country.
The Trust is proud to be at the forefront of developing an Integrated Care System (ICS) which will deliver better coordinated services to patients, reducing duplication variation, and therefore ensuring the population’s experience of healthcare continues to improve.
The Trust remains ambitious for its future and is now seeking two exceptional new Non-Executive Directors with clinical backgrounds to support the Board through the continued transformation of the Trust’s clinical services.
- To contribute to developing the Trust’s mission, vision and values, ensuring that the Trust’s obligations to its stakeholders and the wider community are understood and fairly balanced at all times.
- To provide high level clinical scrutiny, challenge and rigour to the Trust’s clinical and patient services, ensuring they are patient-centric, safe, high quality and responsive.
- Working in collaboration with Governors, providing guidance and support as necessary, in addition to constructive challenge and the ability to ask critical questions, to ensure high standards of probity and governance.
- Assist fellow Directors in setting the Trust’s strategic objectives and in ensuring that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the Trust to meet its objectives, and that efficiency and performance is effectively monitored, challenged and reviewed.
- As a member of the Board, set the tone of the organisation and through effective leadership behaviours help to influence and shape the culture of the organisation.
Our ideal candidates will be:
- Experienced clinicians with strong management and leadership experience having worked in a senior clinical environment within the NHS, including from an Acute setting, Mental Health, Community Services, Physical Health or Commissioning.
- Knowledge and experience of working in an organisation known for its patient-orientated focus with a personal orientation toward developing safe, progressive and efficient organisational cultures, driven through strategies aimed to maximise clinical effectiveness.
- Have experience of working with diverse populations and representing a range of interests within a local and regional community.
- The leadership qualities required for participating at Board level, maintaining a profile across the Trust and externally, encouraging debate, whilst articulating the highest standards of governance.
- A strong commitment to the NHS with an understanding of the key drivers of transformation.
- The interpersonal skills to provide challenge and advice to the Board and a series of internal and external committees.
We particularly welcome applicants from ethnically diverse and/or socio-cultural backgrounds, as well as from other underrepresented communities, to ensure the applicant pool is representative of the rich local communities we serve. We value and promote equality and inclusion, and encourage applications from all sections of the community, particularly candidates from a BAME background.
You must reside in one of our Constituencies to be eligible to apply for the position. Please see additional information for a list of acceptable Constituencies.
Further information is available by clicking apply below.
For further details and/or informal visits please contact Owen Francis on +44 (0)20 7333 1548.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter by clicking on Apply quoting reference: AXWI-765275. The closing date for applications is Thursday 6th September 2018, Noon.
Interviews will be held on 11th October 2018.