Head of Portfolio: Planning and Performance
- Portfolio, Planning, PMO, Strategy, Delivery
- Exciting opportunity to head up the Portfolio supporting the Change Agenda
About Our Client
ELEXON compares how much electricity generators and suppliers say they will produce or consume with actual volumes. They work out a price for the difference and transfer funds. This involves taking 1.25 million meter readings every day and handling £1.5 billion of their customers' funds each year.
Head of Portfolio: Performance and Planning - Utilities - London
- To lead the development and articulation of the Operating Plan in order to provide clear direction to the Design and Delivery organisation
- To manage the development of the Investment Portfolio Plan in order to ensure strategic prioritisation and maximised value to ELEXON and its key stakeholders
- To work with Finance and Departmental Heads to develop and agree a year-ahead financial plan to inform the ELEXON Business Plan to ensure that Design and Delivery Strategic Objectives are budgeted
- To lead the development and articulation of an Operating Plan in order to set out specific deliverables, targets and accountabilities for the Design and Delivery Team
- To work with architecture to align the strategic portfolio with BSC led demand to ensure prioritised planning of resources and sufficient capability to deliver within an acceptable risk profile
- PPM Subject matter expert to advise and guide the Delivery team and wider teams in the Change Process on requirements and implications of Project Portfolio Management methods and practice
- Management and Development of Key Performance metrics aligned to key strategic goals of ELEXON and Design and Delivery
- Support Projects on overall activities such as project planning, project tracking, facilitating meetings and workshops, and preparing progress reports
- Responsibility for the development of Project and Programme delivery frameworks ensuring application of appropriate controls, risk management and assurance reporting
- Continuous improvement of the Change Process using Key measures to target and prioritise improvement including visual management to raise awareness of overall performance and improvement opportunities
The Successful Applicant
Head of Portfolio: Performance and Planning - Utilities
- Proven ability to build successful working relationships across the organization and demonstrate influence over peers and senior managers in a virtual team environment.
- Ability to collaborate across teams within a specific function to design and develop cross functional processes and provide supporting reporting capabilities
- Ability to establish, track, monitor and report on processes, performance and operational metrics as defined by the IS Process teams
- Knowledge and experience of portfolio definition and delivery processes such as Investment Planning, Business Planning, Investment approval and other business related processes.
- Experience of corporate business planning processes
- Good understanding of risk management techniques
- Ability to excel in high pressure environment, balancing competing priorities with strong commitment to delivering results
- Ability to manage a matrixed team
What's on Offer
A hugely exciting opportunity for a newly created Head of Portfolio: Performance & Planning to join ELEXON in their London HQ on a permanent basis. With a competitive salary and a hugely exciting time to join during a period of digital transformation, this is truly a unique opportunity.
Ref Code: MPFE13941435Z