Head of Programmes
7 days left
- Provides leadership and direction for LSE's SSEI Programme team
- Operationally and strategically drive forward a commercially driven team
About Our Client
The Summer School, Executive and International (SSEI) Programmes Unit is a highly successful and commercially driven team that delivers LSE's open enrolment short courses and distance learning degree programmes:
- The LSE Summer School is recognised as a global leader and one of the top two Summer School programmes in the world attracting over 6,000 participants annually who study at the LSE campus over an intense 9 week period every summer.
- The University of London Programmes (UoLP) has in excess of 16,000 students across nearly 40 countries currently studying LSE designed degrees around the globe either through accredited organisations or distance learning.
- An ambitious programme of campus based and online open enrolment executive courses, the primary channel for delivering LSE's world class research to a business audience.
The programmes represent valuable revenue sources for the School, generating critical funds to invest in teaching and research activity. All our programmes operate in increasingly competitive markets.
The Head of Programmes plays a critical role in the SSEIP Unit and provides leadership and direction for the programmes team who operationally deliver the Summer School and LSE's involvement in the University of London Programmes within a target driven environment with responsibility for:
- Leading and motivating the SSEIP Programmes team (headcount - 17) creating a culture and working environment to drive growth and facilitate performance within an increasingly competitive market
- Working with the Director of SSEIP and academic leadership to lead the development of a strategy and business plan for the Summer School and the University of London Programmes as well as conducting regular benchmarking and competitor marketing activity
- Managing the financial performance of the Summer School and University of London Programmes including setting budgets and providing financial forecasts to school committees to achieve their ambition for growth and advising the Unit's leadership on areas of risk or concern
- Working with the SSEIP Director to lead the identification of new opportunities (products and target markets) for developing LSE Summer School and University of London Programmes including preparing detailed business cases to support investment when required and identifying opportunities to expand the programme with new qualifications and courses
- Managing the operational relationship between LSE and the University of London Worldwide including the overseas teaching centres
- Strategically leading key change projects including the introduction of a CRM system across the Summer School operations and identifying opportunities to drive performance, improve the student application journey and make changes to the examination processes across the globe
The Successful Applicant
An ambitious, high performing, and inspirational leader with experience of operationally leading large multi-functional teams through change within complex, growth driven environments.
What's on Offer
Highly competitive salary. In addition LSE offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.
Ref Code: MPFE13941049Z
Apply for Head of Programmes
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly