Head, Major Groups
The Insurance Authority (IA) is an insurance regulator established under the Insurance Ordinance (Cap. 41). It replaced the Office of the Commissioner of Insurance, a government department, to regulate insurance companies with effect from 26 June 2017. IA is expected to take over the supervision of insurance intermediaries from the three Self-Regulatory Organizations within two years from 26 June 2017. The principal function of IA is to regulate and supervise the insurance industry for the promotion of the general stability of the insurance industry and for the protection of existing and potential policy holders.
IA now invites applications for the following position:
Head, Major Groups
Reporting to the Executive Director, Long Term Business ED(L), the incumbent will assume the following:
- Steer and lead a dedicated team responsible for group-wide supervision of Prudential plc.
- Represent IA in co-ordinating involved supervisors to ensure entities within the Prudential group are effectively supervised
- Represent IA in the close liaison with key personnel of the Prudential group
- Assist in all matters of group-wide supervision of major groups of IA
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to promote IA’s effective group-wide supervision
- Provide training and knowledge transfer to IA on matters related to group-wide supervision
- Any other duties as assigned by ED(L)
- A Bachelor’s degree or professional qualification in finance and banking, insurance, economics, law, accounting, business administration, actuarial science or an appropriate field.
- Extensive relevant experience in accountancy, audit, life insurance, actuarial or regulatory fields. Solid experience in a local or overseas insurance regulatory agency and/ or proven track record working with regulatory agencies from multiple jurisdictions is a definite advantage
- Profound knowledge of regulatory requirements and supervisory standards, insurance products, industry practices and market dynamics relating to the insurance business
- Proven resources management, people management and leadership skills
- Excellent analytical, leadership, interpersonal and communication skills
Terms of Appointment
A competitive remuneration package commensurate with the successful candidate’s experience and qualifications on a 3-year contract will be offered.
Review of the applications will start as soon as possible and continue until 27 August 2018, or until the post is filled. Interested applicants may send a letter of application quoting the reference number in the heading, together with a full resume stating current and expected salaries by clicking "Apply".
The Insurance Authority is an equal opportunities employer. Applicants not invited for an interview within 2 months from the closing date may assume their applications unsuccessful. Applications may be considered for other suitable positions within IA. All applications will be handled in strict confidence and the information collected will only be used for recruitment and appointment related purposes. All information on non-shortlisted applicants will be destroyed after 6 months.