Head of Systems Engineering
Head of Systems Engineering - Amazing Offices!
We have been engaged by a very ambitious, leading quantitative driven financial services company who are looking for a Head of / Lead Systems Engineer to take complete responsibility of the day-o-day maintenance and monitoring of their high performance research cluster and trading infrastructure.
- Diagnosis and resolution of operational issues involving Linux, high bandwidth WAN links, Cisco Routers, multicast and other high-performance technologies
- Configuring new compute/network equipment and coordinating hardware maintenance in datacentres around the globe
- Writing and configuring automation tools that enable the team to work effectively at scale (eg automated builds, configuration management, patch and application deployment, observability and performance management)
- Passion for automation, and a desire to know how computers inter-operate
- Keen interest in open source and new technologies
- Desire to work closely with highly technical colleagues on all levels of the stack (from hardware specifications and datacentre operation to intricate protocol or software architecture)
- 2:1 (or foreign equivalent) degree in a STEM subject at undergraduate level
- Those from Russell Group Universities would be extremely desirable
Further details available upon request